B.A. Fine Arts or Bachelor of Arts in Fine Arts is an undergraduate Fine Arts course. Fine art or fine arts comprise art forms developed mainly for aesthetics or concept rather than practical application. Art is often a synonym for fine art, as employed in the term ‘art gallery’. This Fine Arts course enables students to learn the whole concept of pipelining of production in 2D and 3D animation with the incorporation of in-depth traditional concepts of drawing and painting. Bachelor of Arts in Fine Arts is of three years duration course and the syllabus is divided into six semesters.
B.A. Fine Arts Eligibility:
- Students who have passed their10+2 with 50% of marks from a recognised Board.
- First-year, 12th Passed Direct Second year – Students having Passed G.D. Arts, Art Teacher Diploma (A.T.D.) examination can directly take admission to 2nd year of the course.
- Students those who are a lover of arts and a keen interest in it along with wanting to make it their career can go for this course.
- Candidates who want to contribute to the development of Indian Arts stream if it is in form of digging, innovation, and preserving, etc. are most suit for this course.
- Those who want to have Master degree and then for further research studies also are a good match for it.
- They should also possess a high level of creativity; a good appreciation of colour and shape; self-motivation; willingness to work alone; business skills to promote and market your work and the ability to cope with a changing workload.
Admission Procedure for B.A Fine Arts:
- Candidates who are applying for the B.A Fine Arts program should beforehand have their results from the respective Entrance Exams required by the selected/opted Universities.
- Applications for admissions can be availed either from the University website or by visiting the Admissions Office of the same. Candidates will have to fill out the required details in a match with the existing documents.
- An aptitude test is held by the respective universities where they are evaluated on the basis of their Painting, Sculpture, Illustration, Cartooning, Printing, Graphic Designing skills.
Advantages/Benefits of B.A Fine Arts:
- There are many career options for the degree holders as they can go for competition, studios, and galleries, to display outstanding talent, creativity, and style.
- Among craft and fine artists, talented individuals who have also good options as mastery of artistic techniques and skills.
- Another area of jobs is Multimedia arts and anim ation they have better job opportunities than other artists but along with stiff competition.
- After passing the course, they can also go for further higher studies in the subjects of their interest of graduation.
Top Colleges for B.A Fine Arts:
- Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra.
- Government College for Women.
- Guru Nanak Dev Khalsa Girls’ College, Bathinda.