When it comes to knowing about the most astonishing medicine degree in terms of Ayurveda, then we can say that BAMS stands in a top position. It is an esteemed medical science degree. BAMS Course Full Form is also the point of attention for those students who are not aware of this program’s details. BAMS Full Form in Medical is a Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery.
Relevant Definition of BAMS:
Fast Facts Check About BAMS Course in India
|Type of Course||Undergraduate Level|
|Duration of BAMS Program||5 Years 6 Months|
|Entrance Exam to Pursue BAMS Course||NEET, KEAM, IPU CET, BVP CET, etc.|
|BAMS Entrance Exam Type||Annually|
|Eligibility for BAMS Doctor||10+2 with 50 to 50 percent in PCB|
|BAMS Course Admission Criteria||Entrance Exam|
|BAMS Course Fees Structure||INR 20,000 to INR 2,00,000 Per Year|
|Average BAMS Salary||INR 2,00,000-15,00,000|
|BAMS Full Form||Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery|
BAMS History in India:
The history of BAMS is also crucial for the students who are thinking of creating a career in the BAMS Course. First of all, teaching and studying subjects of Ayurveda are the summaries of this degree. Prior subjects of BAMS are
|Rachana Sharira||Kriya Sharira|
|Dravyuaguna||Svasthavritta and Yoga|
|Roga Nidana||Vikriti Vijnana|
|Kaya Chikitsa||Kaumara Bhritya|
|Prasuti Tantra||Shalya Tantra|
Corresponding Ayurvedic Subjects:
|Diagnostic Procedures||Pharmacology||Principles of Medicine|
The Sanskrit Language is Also the Part of BAMS Syllabus:
Medical Classics are part of BAMS Subjects. However, only a few students know about the fact the Sanskrit Language is also the part of BAMS Syllabus.
Can BAMS Course Graduate Students Practice Medicine?
Not all countries and states in India allow for the practice of medicine for the BAMS Degree Graduates but in Maharashtra and Karnataka, Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery Course Students can practice medicine. It is the prior reason that many students are looking for opportunities to study at the BAMS Colleges in Maharashtra. Even in Karnataka, BAMS Course Students are working as doctors in primary health centers in
rural locations of the state. Emergencies are also the reasons when BAMS Doctors study for the medicine.
BAMS Courses Overview:
Read Also: SRM Ayurvedic College Bareilly
BAMS Course Duration:
- Now, come to the next point and that’s about the Course Duration of BAMS. Are you thinking that this program completes in less duration than MBBS? You are wrong then! BAMS
- Course Duration is also equivalent to MBBS Program and the program completes within 5.5years.
- Classroom Training Duration of BAMS: 4.5 Years
- Internship Duration of BAMS: 1 Year
Role of Traditional Medicine Study in the World:
Currently, BAMS Doctors are working in the leading health organizations in the world. A particular worldwide forum also represents a report behind the WHO for encouraging and promoting the traditional medicine system of Ayurveda solutions for various concerns. In the sector of medical science BAMS, is the popular medical degree after MBBS in the students.
India’s Top BAMS Colleges to Know:
These are the top three BAMS Colleges in India that you must know if you are interested in this program.
- Dr. D Y Patil Navi Mumbai
- GGSIPU Delhi
- BVP Pune
Employment Industries for BAMS Graduates:
Read More: Government Ayurvedic College Gwalior
Top Placement Agencies for BAMS Students:
- Patanjali Ayurveda Limited
- The Himalaya Drug Company
- Emami Limited
- Zandu Pharmaceuticals Works Limited.
BAMS Doctor Salary in India:
What is BAMS?
- BAMS Course is the study and research of Ayurveda to treat patients for various diseases. This degree focuses on the amalgamation of both medical and traditional science principles. As we know, Ayurveda is older than medical science, and the roots of Ayurveda came from ancient times. Exploring the information, Study, and use of herbs with medicine is also part of the BAMS Program. Asian countries are blessed with numerous Ayurvedic elements, herbs, and stuff, and that s why most of the BAMS Doctors came from India, Nepal, and Bangladesh. Ayurveda is the single approach to treat diseases in the alternative of medicine. Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery also focuses on treating those diseases for which no solution is available in modern medicine.
- When we talk about the BAMS Eligibility, we can say that 10+2 in PCB is required for a student to get admission in Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery. Physics, Biology, and Chemistry are the compulsory subjects to gain admission to BAMS. NEET is also mandatory for BAMS Degree Course and based on NEET Exam Performance students allotted BAMS Colleges in India.
- Are there any colleges in India that give admission to BAMS without a NEET Score Card? Yes, a few Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery Colleges in India are also offering admission in this degree program without the scorecard of NEET. Job opportunities and a Career in BAMS are promising for the students, and they dont need to worry about employment after completing the Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery Course. Students can work in both private or government sectors as a Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery Doctor in India as per their choice.
Why Choose BAMS As Your Career:
You must know many reasons to choose Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery as your career path. Currently, trends also indicate that the use of Ayurveda Medicines and Studies is improving every year in the world. Most of the European and American Countries are showing immense interest in the Study of Ayurveda, and that’s why they are also appointing the Best BAMS Doctors from Asian Countries in America and Europe. That means career opportunities are impressive in BAMS Course.
BAMS or BHMS Which is Better?
- Both Courses are good to become a medical professional in the health care sector, but it’s your choice and your interest. Full-Form of BHMS is Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery. BAMS Course Fees is also equivalent to BHMS, and that’s why fees difference is not the reason to choose BHMS.
- If you doubt in your mind that BAMS is not good to work as a doctor abroad, then you are wrong because this degree is accepted worldwide, and you can work as a doctor in any country of the world. Traditional medicine study is also increasing globally because it has become the secondary method to treat patients in the replacement of modern science. The best thing about Ayurveda treatment is no side-effect.
- Students who are willing to make a career must be interested in traditional science because BAMS Subjects are the amalgamation of medical science and traditional Ayurveda. Once your board examination is completed with the PCB (as the subjects) from the recognized board, you can apply for the BAMS Course in India, but you must have your NEET Score Card with passing marks or eligible cut-off getting Admission in BAMS.
- The syllabus of BAMS is not the same as MBBS, and many students are comparing the BAMS Syllabus with the MBBS, but both are different from each other. You can check the BAMS Colleges Cut Off Marks after the NEET Examination. BAMS Admission 2020 is also filled with required seats, and most of the time, Seats in BAMS are never vacant in both government and private colleges.
- BAMS Private Colleges in India (some colleges, not all ) are not using NEET Score Card for the BAMS Admission India. They conduct their Entrance Exam for BAM or give admission to the students on a merit basis (10 +2 Marks).
BAMS Vs. MBBS:
Students are also comparing the two major medical degrees in the health sector: BAMS and MBBS. Is BAMS better than MBBS? Undoubtedly, MBBS is the highest qualification degree in the medical line. Still, when looking for opportunities as a doctor in less competition, you must go for the BAMS Course. MBBS Study does not consist of traditional Ayurveda Science, and thus, it’s all about students’ interests.
Salary of BAMS Doctor in India Vs. MBBS Doctor Salary:
MBBS Doctor Salary is always more than BAMD Doctor Salary because BAMS Experienced Doctor Salary may go up to Rs 50,000 per month, but on the other hand, MBBS Experienced Doctor Salary Range is in the 2,00,000 to 3,00,000 per month.
BAMS Admission Things to Know:
- As we already told, students can get BAMS Admission in most private colleges without the NEET Entrance Exam. Still, if you want to get admission to BAMS Government Colleges in India, then NEET is compulsory for you.
- Once a student clears the NEET examination, then can check the Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery Course Fees, Colleges, and Counselling process.
- After applying to the BAMS Colleges in India, you will be invited to study the Bachelor of Ayurvedic
- Medicine and Surgery for the interview process.
- If a private college is not asking for the NEET Score Card, they may also conduct their entrance test for Study in BAMS.
- Students must register for the university entrance test to start the Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery Course in India. Once they clear the exam, they will get full information of BAMS Degree on mail and admission letter with the Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery Fee Structure.
BAMS Admission 2021-2022 Details:
|BAMS Admission Events||Dates (Subject to be Changed)|
|Online Application Form Release||July 2021|
|Last Date to Submit the Application Form||July 2021|
|Admit Card Released||August 2021|
|BAMS Examination Date||August 2021|
|BAMS Results Declaration||September 2021|
|BAMS Counselling Process||October 2021|
BAMS Eligibility: (Updated 2021)
- Students who want to study BAMS Course must pass the parameters of Eligibility for BAMS.
- The minimum Percentage Required to Get Admission in BAMS is 50 to 60 percent in the 10+2 examination from the recognized. Board.
- Different universities have various parameters of percentage in 10+2 for the BAMS Course Admission.
- Applicant must have subjects in 10+2- Physics, Chemistry, and Biology
- Age Limit for BAMS Admission (General Category) is 20 Years
- Age Limit for BAMS Admission (Reserve Category) is 24 Years
BAMS Entrance Exams Details to Know:
In the guide of BAMS Course Review, we can’t forget to add the information about the Entrance Exam for BAMS Course. NEET is the most popular exam to get BAMS Admission, but there are also many other state-level exams to pursue this degree.
- OJEE 2021 (Odisha Joint Entrance Examination)
- KEAM 2021 (Kerala Engineering, Agriculture and Medical)
- GCET 2021 (Goa Common Entrance Test)
- IPU-CET 2021 (Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test)
- BVP-CET 2021 (Bharati Vidyapeeth Common Entrance Test)
BAMS Selection Process to Know:
- All entrances exams for BAMS select the students based on final merit.
- The total score obtained by the student in 10+2 and BAMS Entrance Exam both become the parameter to get BAMS Course Admission.
A Review of NEET 2021 for BAMS Course:
NEET is the only medical entrance exam on the center level in India. Even the passing scorecard of NEET also except for Study BAMS in Abroad for the students. They can also choose other countries for medical education based on NEET performance.
BAMS Course Structure:
- BAMS is a Graduate Degree in Ayurvedic
- BAMS Duration is 5.6 Years
- Academic Session of BAMS Duration is 4.5 Years
- Every Year BAMS Course Program Duration is 1 Year 6 Months
- BAMS Internship Duration is 1 Year
BAMS Curriculum Review:
BAMS Counselling 2020, 2021, and 2022:
BAMS Fees in Private College:
Job Role After BAMS Course in India:
Ayurvedic Physician is the top profession after completing the BAMS Course; you can earn up to 4 lacks per annum in this job profile.
Ayurvedic Doctors in India are now working in government hospitals, too, and the average salary per annum of Ayurvedic Doctors is around 12 lacks.
Working as a medical officer after BAMS Graduation is also an opportunity for the students, and in this profile, you can get an average salary of 5 lacks per year.
Many pharma companies are also hiring BAMS Doctors in the profile of sales representatives to promote their products worldwide, and the average salary under this designation is around three lacks per annum.
Keep on reading: State Ayurvedic College Lucknow
Best BAMS Colleges in Abroad:
|BAMS College Name||Degree Name||BAMS Course Fee|
|Certificate in Medication
|Certificate course in Holistic
and Integrative Health
University of Health
|Certificate course in
healthcare and Spa
|Southwest Institute of
Healing Arts, USA
|Certificate course in Holistic
|Bastyr University, USA||Certificate Course in
Best BAMS Colleges in Pune:
|Course Name BAMS||Fee Structure|
|College of Ayurveda||INR 1,36,625|
|DR DY PATIL VIDYAPEETH – [DPU],
|BHARATI VIDYAPEETH DEEMED
UNIVERSITY – [BVDU], PUNE
|BHARATI VIDYAPEETH COLLEGE OF
AYURVED – [BVCA], PUNE
|DR. DY PATIL COLLEGE OF
BAMS Colleges in Karnataka:
|College Name BAMS||Course Fee|
|HILLSIDE ACADEMY||INR 1,75,000|
|GOTHAM COLLEGE, BANGALORE||INR 2,00,000|
|BAPUJI AYURVEDIC MEDICAL COLLEGE AND HOSPITAL||INR 1,42,950|
|INDIAN INSTITUTE OF AYURVEDIC MEDICINE AND RESEARCH – [IIAMR]||INR 1,42,950|
|SHRI JG COOPERATIVE HOSPITAL AND RESEARCH INSTITUTE||INR 19,00,000|
Q1). What is BAMS?
Study of Traditional Science based on Ayurveda Herbs is known as the BAMS Degree.
Q2). Is BAMS Worth it to work as a doctor?
Yes, you can work as an Ayurvedic Doctor in India after your BAMS Degree.
Q3). Is BAMS and MBBS both are equivalent?
Both are different degrees, MBBS is the study of modern science and BAMS is the study of Ayurveda or traditional Science
Q3). What is BAMS Course Duration or How Many Years of BAMS?
Q4). Is an Internship required in BAMS?
Yes, a 1-year internship is mandatory for the student to receive BAMS Degree
Q5). Which is the necessary language in BAMS Study?
Q6). When does BAMS Admission 2021-2022 Starts?
January to March
Q7). What are BAMS Fees?
BAMS Fees Structure in India depends on the college and state and the marks of the students in the entrance examination.
Q8). What is an average BAMS Doctor Salary?
4 Lacs to 8 Lacks
Q9). How many marks are required in NEET for BAMS in government college?
50 to 60 percent
Q10). What is BAMS Course?
BAMS Course in the Study of Ayurveda
Q11). How to become a medical officer after BAMS?
You need to apply for the examination in a particular department and select on the basis of marks to become a medical officer after BAMS.