Uzbekistan is a Central Asian country that is a part of the world of the Turkic language. Andijan is the largest city in Uzbekistan. It is located on the southeastern edge of Fergana Valley which is located near the border of Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan. The region is having a semi-cold climate. This city is famous because it is the birthplace of Babar, the famous Mughal emperor. Chemicals, electronics, shoes, spare parts, and furniture are among the top things that are manufactured in this city. In addition, Andijan is also famous for its medical institute known as Andijan State Medical Institue.
Andijan State medical institute was established in August 1955. The educational institution, which has existed for more than half a century has accumulated a valuable and powerful experience. The necessary knowledge and skills in preparation of highly qualified students, at the same time this experience is used to help students master medical sciences.
The institute has the following faculty: medical, pediatrics, dental, faculty of advanced training of physicians. There is a faculty of advanced training for doctors. All conditions for the education process and research work at the highest level are provided. Currently, the institute has 3950 students, 3664 students are bachelor’s students, and the rest are master’s degree students The institute has all the accommodations for the organization, the educational process as well as for research process. The clinic of the institute is designed to support 700 people and is provided with MRI, doppler, and other modern diagnostic equipment, and simulation training has been organized to ensure the systematic process of teaching. In addition, the institute holds online video lectures with foreign universities. The simulation training of Andijan Medical Institute began its activity in September 2018.
The center has 12 classrooms namely Anastheslogy, anatomy, dentistry, neurosurgery, simulation pharmacy, etc. In these classrooms, students learn technical and practical skills from clinical departments on the basics of the training schedule. They not only assist in learning practical skills but are also assist in the assessment of knowledge on existing evaluation criteria. Graduates of the institute are trained in the following areas of master’s degree courses: Obstetrics and Gynecology, Therapy, Otorhinolaryngology, Cardiology, Opthalmology, Infectious Diseases, Dermatovenerology, Neurology, General Oncology.
To get admission to this medical institute, Indian students are required to pass the NEET entrance examination and their HSC education with a minimum of 50% marks. Andijan State medical institute is recognized by both the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Medical Council of India (MCI). It is a globally renowned medical institute with a country ranking of 57 and a world rank of 11469, among all other medical institutes and colleges.
- 1 Eligibility Criteria
- 2 How to Apply for Admission and Documents Required?
- 3 Faculties and Fee Structure of Andijan State Medical Institute
- 4 Benefits of Studying MBBS in Andijan State Medical Institute
- 5 Importance of NEET Exam In ASMI
- 6 Impressive features of Andijan State Medical Institute
- 7 Facilities Offered at Andijan State Medical Institute
- 8 Fee Structure of Andijan State Medical Institute
- 9 Academic Fee Structure of MBBS in Andijan State Medical Institute
- 10 Educational Work of Andijan State Medical Institute
- 11 Scientific Research Work in Andijan State Medical Institute
- 12 Year Wise Syllabus of MBBS at Andijan State Medical Institute
- 13 Conclusion
We are aware that every year more than one million students appear for the NEET entrance examination and among those students, less than 12% of students get admitted to the top/prestigious medical institute in India. Hence, students are looking for opportunities in aborad. Medical science is the science in which a candidate gets to know about the diseases, diagnosis, and preventive measures that can be taken against those diseases. Below we will discuss the eligibility criteria for the students who are willing to get admitted to Andijan State Medical Institute, Uzbekistan. This section will be covering the basic details like educational qualification, minimum marks required in HSC, minimum age, entrance exams to be given, and many more. Below is the basic eligibility criteria.
If we talk about international students, admissions to Andijan State Medical Institute are guaranteed by considering the following:
- Every nation has a medical entrance exam that is conducted every year. Marks obtained in those national level entrance tests are important for someone to get admitted to this medical institute.
- A candidate must have completed their HSC education in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology stream.
- Good communication skills with proficiency in English are also necessary.
- Proof of payment of tuition fees by the candidate’s guardian or by the candidate is also required.
In the case of Indian students below are some basic guidelines:
- The students with the wish to get admission to Andijan State medical college should have given NEET national level entrance exam.
- The student should have secured a good national ranking and overall score.
- 12th class studies should have been completed with a minimum of 70% marks with biology as one of the main subjects. The age of a student must be between 17 to 15 years.
- National identity proof like an Adhaar card, voter ID, passport, etc is also important.
- A candidate should understand and should be proficient with their English speaking skills.
For a candidate to sit in NEET, minimum qualifying standards have to be passed. For the general category, the candidate must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in HSC or equivalent examination. This percentage decrease by 5% and reaches 45% in the case of a general category person who is physically challenged. Finally in the case of the reserved category (SC/ST)- 40% is the passing marks are required so that they are eligible to sit in the NEET examination.
This exam is the only exam that is conducted in India at the national level for taking admissions in MBBS/BDS or any other medical course. This exam is also accepted internationally by institutes like Andijan State Medical Institute. There are countless advantages to studying at Andijan state medical institute. Below are some of those advantages :
- When compared to Indian or abroad fees structures, the overall fee required to complete MBBS studies is low.
- Cost of living/daily expenditure is relatively low when compared to other countries.
- For Indian students, only one examination that is NEET-UG is required.
- Public transportation facilities are available at reasonable prices.
- This medical institute is flourished with professionals from almost every medical field and the graduate’s degree is accepted globally for this institute.
- Research facilities, sports facilities, and student help centers are available 24*7 on the campus.
- Last but not least, security in Uzbekistan is advanced, making Uzbekistan a safe country for studies as well as for living.
How to Apply for Admission and Documents Required?
Andijan State Medical Institute has a beautiful campus area and it is among the top medical colleges in Uzbekistan. Basic facilities like a classroom, a well-equipped laboratory, and a library are available for this institute. A wide variety of courses from which a student can specialize are offered. Hence, choosing which course to get admitted to becomes a headache sometimes. Andijan Medical Institute has tie-ups with many other universities across the world. These tie-ups are not only beneficial for the universities but also provides a wide range of possibility, great exposure, scientific research, and learning opportunities for the students because they get exposed to different minds with different knowledge. Hence, they can grab a single concept from the point of view of multiple professors/students.
Now the question arises that how to get admitted to this medical institute. Andijan State Medical Institute gives students a wonderful opportunity for studying MBBS courses. There are multiple steps that one can perform so that they can get admitted through medical courses at Andijan State Medical College. Those steps are as follows:
- Like any other national or international college, once you have scored good marks in NEET, you are required to fill in the online application form of Andijan State Medical Institute. Some documents are also needed to be uploaded to complete the application. 2 passport size color photographs, a copy of the 10th and 12th mark sheet, a copy of the passport, etc are some of the documents required in the early stages of the admission process.
- Once you have completed the application form, the documents are reviewed by Andijan State Institute which issues admission letters for the eligible candidates.
- After this, those admission letters/documents are given to the concerned authority of Uzbekistan so that invitation letters and visa support letters can be issued for the arrival of short-listed candidates.
- After this when the invitation letter and visa letter are received, the institute then asks for the first-year tuition fee to be paid online. In addition, invitation letter, and admission letters are sent by the university and the visa process initiates.
Once your visa process has been initiated, along with documents received from Andijan State Medical Institute, the Uzbekistan embassy or consulate is contacted. They further ask for a valid certificate to complete the visa application process. Those documents are:
- Submitting original invitation letter issued by Andijan State Medical Institute.
- Submitting an international passport which has a minimum validity of 1 year with it.
- Original or copy of higher secondary school certificate (12th class) is also needed to be submitted.
- All academic certificates should be translated (if required) and duly certified.
- For Indian applicants, a copy of the original rank and marks obtained in NEET-UG also needs to be submitted.
- Birth certificates and certificates of equivalence are needed.
- Medical fitness is really important. Hence, a medical certificate from approved clinics (not more than 2 months old) is also required.
- 8 passport size photos plus the visa fee need to be filled.
- For some applicants, sponsorship affidavits for minor affidavits are required.
- Bank statements for the last 6 months in name of the father/mother are also important to carry forward in the Visa application process. A minimum of 4.5 Lakhs INR should be available in that bank account.
- Last but not least, if a bank account on the student’s name, then it should have a minimum of 3.5 Lakhs INR in it.
After getting approval from the Uzbekistan embassy, a Visa is provided in the name of the student. Flight details, college details, the date of arrival, and time are shared with both candidate and Anjidan medical college authorities. Then finally the student boards the plane and one representative either from the university or the embassy receives the student at the airport.
Faculties and Fee Structure of Andijan State Medical Institute
Uzbekistan is famous for many things, the manufacturing of chemicals and goods are some of the widely spread areas in the state. Education is also pulling international students because of its affordable living and studying costs. Also, the degree earned at this institute is world-recognized.
Andijan State Medical Institute is one of the top position institutes available in the country. Like all other medical institutes, it also includes numerous faculties that are provided with world-class facilities and experienced professionals from around the world. Some of the faculties available in this medical college are:
- Faculty of Medicine.
- Faculty of Pedagogy.
- Faculty of Pediatrics.
- Faculty of Dentistry.
- Faculty of postgraduate program.
- Faculty of Surgery.
- Faculty of Gynecology.
- Faculty of Neuroscience.
Under all the faculties, several courses are taught, from which students can graduate and prove themselves useful in various medical fields jobs available worldwide.
The overall fee required for a course at this medical institute is relatively low when compared to many other colleges across the world. If we talk about the tuition fee, an average total of 2.8 Lakhs INR is required for a year. If we add the hostel fee and all other basic expenditures, then a minimum total of 70,000 INR is required for a year. Hence, making a total of almost 3.5 Lakhs INR as the total fee for 1 year in Andijan State Medical Institute.
Benefits of Studying MBBS in Andijan State Medical Institute
Andijan State Medical Institute is a well-known Medical College in Uzbekistan for studying MBBS abroad at a low cost. At present, a lot of Indian students are studying MBBS at this Medical Institute. Here are some of the benefits and advantages of studying MBBS at Andijan State Medical Institute.
- Andijan State Medical Institute provides admission on the basis of a first come first served policy, therefore, the candidates need to apply as soon as possible. The institute also offers direct admissions grounded on the eligibility criteria and therefore there are no entrance exams to take admission.
- In addition, Andijan State Medical Institute has linkups with other universities which is why, it also organizes conferences, student exchange programs, scientific research, open seminars, and much more which helps the students to develop their horizons.
- Andijan State Medical Institute withholds a fully English medium MBBS course along with other medical courses which are absolutely advantageous for Indian as well as international students and they are able to grasp the concepts easily.
- The university offers a wide range of specializations and the students have the freedom to choose as per their choice.
- The university is known for its top-quality education and the study programs at Andijan State Medical Institute consist of theoretical knowledge as well as practical training which allows students to comprehend the concepts clearly.
- At the present time, the university or Medical Institute has linked with 700 beds hospitals for clinical exposure.
- The hospital is also well-appointed with modern facilities, diagnostic types of equipment, and other medical instruments and equipment.
- The university has an MBBS course duration of 6 years which embraces 5 years of MBBS course and 12 months of compulsory internship. Actually, this is quite good because it fulfills the NMC 2021 gazette for Foreign Medical Graduates’ licensing exam.
Importance of NEET Exam In ASMI
Students should keep in mind that the only way to get admission to the MBBS course at Andijan State Medical Institute is possible only if the NEET exam is qualified by the Indian students. MBBS abroad without the NEET exam is not possible because the MCI in 2018 says that Indian Medical Aspiring students must qualify for NEET before taking admission to foreign medical graduates. This condition is compulsory and the candidate needs to meet up this requirement in order to get admission to foreign. If the candidate has not qualified NEET exam, the MBBS abroad degree will be invalid in India.
The notification for NEET 2022 was out in the month of March and the date of the online application form, admit card and further process are yet to be announced.
Impressive features of Andijan State Medical Institute
- Andijan State Medical Institute is recognized by Who (World Health Organization).
- Andijan State Medical Institute is approved by the Medical Council of India and is listed in the WHED (World higher education database), and runs under the Ministry of the health republic of Uzbekistan.
- Candidates who are graduated from Andijan State Medical Institute are eligible to apply for USMLE, ECFMG certifications, PLAB, and they work in Germany, the USA, Russia, and the middle east.
- The institute offers a modern medical education system.
- Andijan State Medical Institute proposes some kind of scholarship to excellent students at the end of the year.
- Above 200 Foreign Students from Pakistan, India, Nepal, Bangladesh, ASEAN & CIS, and students from Africa are studying BDS Dentistry and MD Physician in English Medium.
- The Medical Syllabus of Andijan State Medical Institute is the same as the international medical education standard.
Facilities Offered at Andijan State Medical Institute
- Andijan State Medical Institute has a huge library with more than 286000 books. Furthermore, there are 5 reading halls. The microelectronic library of the university has 40 CDs with an innovative assortment of articles on medicine.
- They provide 24 hours wi-fi connectivity with all the necessary amenities like a heater, cupboard, electric appliances, bed, AC, etc.
- Andijan State Medical Institute has a canteen or cafeteria which provides multiple cuisines and affordable food with proper hygiene.
- It has 700 bedded associated hospital that is fortified with modern-day diagnostic and treating instrumentations such as Scanning USI, Laparoscopic Center, and others.
- Andijan State Medical Institute also provides fully furnished and fully ventilated hostels for the international students, which are also comfortable to live in and study.
- Andijan State Medical Institute has a multicultural environment as the students arrive from different parts of the world to study.
Fee Structure of Andijan State Medical Institute
The tuition fee of this institute is 3800 united states dollars per annum. The hostel fee is around 500 United States dollars per year. In United States dollars it sums up to 4300 USD and in Indian rupee, it sums up to 3,01,000 INR.
Academic Fee Structure of MBBS in Andijan State Medical Institute
- The Tuition fee for Andijan State Medical Institute for the MBBS program is the same for all 6 years. It is 3210 United States Dollars every year. So, for 6 years it sums up to 19,260 United States Dollars and in the Indian rupee, it is rs.2,35,000 per year.
- One-time university charges costs of 1500 USD which contains a Registration fee, Invitation Letter, Hostel fees, Medical Check-up, and Insurance costs of 100 USD.
- The mess facility costs up to 1200 USD per year.
- From the 2nd year to the 6th year, there are a few changes in fee structure. The hostel fees become 250 USD, and Visa conversion charges 250 USD. The registration fees cost 250 USD and the Insurance charges 100 USD.
Educational Work of Andijan State Medical Institute
There are 56 departments in the Institute which includes 533 professors, 36 doctors (14 of them are professors), and 130 candidates (104 of them are docents). The scientific probable of the institute is 31.7%.
There are 4 faculties: Pediatrics, Dentistry, and Advanced Training and Retraining of Physicians, Therapeutic, 7 bachelor educational directions: Therapeutic, Pediatrics, Dentistry, Professional Education, High Qualified Nurses, Preventive Medicine, Pharmacy, and Professional Education. The educational process holds in 29 departments of the Master`s degree curriculum. According to the Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan 2909 dated April 20, 2017, two new specialties were opened in the magistracy from the 2019-2020 academic year:
Scientific Research Work in Andijan State Medical Institute
The institute has 56 departments. The total number of teachers working at the main rate is 630, of which 38 are doctors of science, 151 are candidates of science.
For the growth of scientific and research activities, the effectual organization of corporate innovative cooperation with scientific and medical institutions, as well as the establishment of integration of science and production, an innovation center, and 4 innovation groups was organized by order of the rector.
As part of the State scientific and technical program, the research work is being accomplished in the scientific-research laboratory of the institute. For these experimental purposes. The Institute has a vivarium for experimental purposes.
The scientists of the institute organize research doings in the subsequent zones:
- Analysis of the main illnesses of the cardiovascular system by means of modern and advanced technologies, the growth of effectual procedures of prevention, treatment, and application of them into practice.
- The examination of the epidemiology of chronic non-communicable illnesses amongst the population of Fergana Valley, the formation of operative methods, and approaches to prevention and treatment.
- The study of age-related variations in the anatomical and topographic and histological features of newborns, fetuses, children of different age groups, as well as the elderly. The study of the physical progress of children of preschool and school-age.
- Overview of scientific activity and application of the custom of protecting motherhood and childhood.
- Prevention of complications of surgical diseases, and upgrading of surgical systems of treatment. Implementation of technologies in surgery.
- Enhancement of procedures for the stoppage and treatment of acute infectious diseases, viral hepatitis, HIV – infection, clinical- immunological characteristics of AIDS in Fergana Valley.
- The study of orthopedic diseases, pathologies of traumatological, pathologies of the spinal column and spinal cord, diagnostics via advanced technologies, and the presentation of modern technologies into a habit.
- Deterrence of oncological ailments, prevention, early diagnosis, and the usage of new technologies in the treatment.
Year Wise Syllabus of MBBS at Andijan State Medical Institute
The complete Year wise syllabus of MBBS at Andijan State Medical Institute is given below:
- Fundamentals of Psychology
- Bioorganic Chemistry
- Medical Chemistry
- Human Anatomy
- Human Anatomy
- Emergency Medicine
- Patient Care
- Medical Chemistry
- Fundamentals of Psychology
- Bioorganic Chemistry
- Human Anatomy
- Elective Courses
- Medical Physiology
- Human Anatomy
- Emergency Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Patient Care
- Infectious Diseases
- Medical Genetics
- Social Medicine
- Clinical Immunology
- General practice
- Elective Courses
The scope of the medical field is increasing day by day. The world is in the need of new medical minds that are fresh and can tackle every medical situation/condition much more frequently and efficiently. NEET examination is important for the medical aspirant who wants to continue their career as doctors, researchers, scientists, etc. The importance of this test can be seen worldwide too as many international medical institutes consider NEET for their admission process.
Overall, it can be seen that Andijan State Medical Institute is one of the institutes that students opt for. Not many people know about this medical institute. Hence, making it easy for desirable candidates a chance to get admitted to this medical college. The medical industry is a never-ending industry because the world is unpredictable. Hence, new research centers are increasing which in return increases job opportunities and enrolment in medical college.
See Also: Top Medical Colleges in Delhi
If you have any queries regarding admission to the Andijan State Medical Institute Leave your comment below.