Stanley Medical College (SMC) is a government medical college with hospitals located in Chennai (Madras) in the state of Tamil Nadu, India. Though the original hospital is more than 200 years old, the medical college was formally established on July 2, 1938. Stanley Medical College was ranked 22nd in the India Today 2014 survey.
The medical college and the hospital include a Centre of Excellence for Hand and Reconstructive Microsurgery and a separate cadaver maintenance unit, the first in the country.
Stanley Medical College is a Government Medical College located in the city of Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. The college is also associated with Government Stanley Hospital.
Stanley Medical College offers quality education in the field of Medical Science. The college offer courses like MBBS, speciality courses like MD and MS, PG Diploma, and super speciality courses like DM and M.Ch. respectively.
- Admission to MBBS program is done on the basis of marks scored in National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET UG).
- Admission to speciality courses like MD and MS, and PG Diploma is done on the basis of marks scored in National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET PG) conducted by the National Board of Examinations.
- Admission in M.Ch and DM is done on the basis of marks scored in NEET SS conducted by National Board of Examinations.
Stanley Medical College, Chennai, offers Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS). The duration period and intake capacity for the mentioned program is 5.5 years and 250 seats.
The students who have studied and passed 10+2 level or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English are only eligible to seek admission in the above-mentioned program. However, the eligible candidates need to appear in National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET UG).
Receive latest news and updates about STANLEY MEDICAL COLLEGE, CHENNAI through e-mail or Sms, by entering your details below:
List of courses:
|Course Name||Specialization||Seats||Eligibility Criteria||Duration||Admission through|
|MBBS||Medical||250||10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English with minimum 50% marks.||5.5 Years||NEET UG|
- 5% marks relaxation for the candidates belonging to SC/ST Category.
- Candidates must obtain a valid NEET UG rank to secure admission into the MBBS program.
- Minimum age limit to apply for NEET UG for MBBS course is 17 years.
- Maximum age limit for seeking admission is 25 years ( for general) and 30 years ( for reserved category).
- Candidates of reserved category can seek admission with minimum 40% marks.
- Candidates of General PH, 45% is the minimum marks required for eligibility.
- Candidate must be an Indian.
- Aadhar card is mandatory for applying for MBBS program except for candidates of JK, Meghalaya, and Assam.
Stanley Medical College Chennai MD & MS Admission 2018
The college also offers specialty courses like Doctor of Medicine (MD) and Master of Surgery (MS) in various specialization for a duration period of two years. Admission to the above-mentioned courses is done on the basis of marks scored in National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET PG) conducted by the National Board of Examinations.
List of courses:
|Course Name||Specialization||Seats||Eligibility Criteria||Duration||Selection process|
|MD||General Medicine||15||MBBS degree in relevant discipline as issued by the Medical Council of India or State Medical Council||2 Years||NEET PG|
|TB & Chest diseases||2|
|MS||Orthopedics||3||MBBS degree in relevant discipline as issued by the Medical Council of India/ State Medical Council||2 Years||NEET PG|
Key Points to remember for MD & MS Admission:
- Candidates must obtain a valid NEET PG rank in order to secure admission into the MD or MS courses.
- 5% marks relaxation for the candidates belong to SC/ST Category.
- Candidates must have completed the compulsory internship of one year.