JAWAHARLAL INSTITUTE OF POST-GRADUATE MEDICAL EDUCATION & RESEARCH
(An Institution of National Importance Under Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India
E-mail ID: email@example.com
Web URL: www.jipmer.puducherry.gov.in
JIPMER PG 2018 Application Form has been released from 11th September 2017. JIPMER PG is a University level entrance examination which is organized by the Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research. On the basis of JIPMER PG 2018, the University will offer admission to MD/MS courses. Every year, JIPMER PG is conducted two times in a year i.e. in January and July month. Here, candidates can get the detailed information on JIMPER PG 2018 such as exam dates, application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, etc.
Get latest news & updates about JIPMER PG 2018 via SMS and e-mail, by entering your details below:
JIPMER PG 2018 Notifications – Application Released
JIPMER PG 2018 Application Form for MD/MS & DM/MCh courses has been released from 11th September 2017 (January Session). Candidates can fill the application till 20th October 2017.
Click here to fill application form (MD/MS courses).
Click here to fill application form (DM/MCh courses).
Click Here to check JIPMER PG 2018 Information Brochure (MD/MS Courses).
Click Here to check JIPMER PG 2018 Information Brochure (DM/MCh Courses).
Note: For any query related to MD/MS Entrance Examination and admission clarifications will be provided ONLY from the above contact numbers and e-mails during office hours (9 AM to 1 PM & 2 to 5 PM).
3. IMPORTANT DATES
|On-line Registration from||11-09-2017 (Monday) 10.00 AM|
|On-line Registration closes on||20-10-2017 (Friday) 5.00 PM|
|Download of Hall Ticket from JIPMER|
|website www.jipmer.puducherry.gov.in||01-11-2017 (Wednesday) 10 AM|
|(The Hall Tickets will be made||to|
|available through Internet download||19-11-2017 (Sunday) 8.00 AM|
|ONLY and NOT by Post)|
|Date & Time of Entrance Examination||19-11-2017 (Sunday)|
|(Single Shift – Online Mode Only)||10.00 AM to 01.00 P.M|
|Expected date of publication of Merit||On or Before 30-11-2017 (Thursday)|
|Counselling for choosing the discipline|
|First Counselling (Tentative)||13-12-2017 (Wednesday) 8.00 AM|
|Second Counselling (Tentative)||10-01-2018 (Wednesday) 8.00 AM|
|Third Counselling (Tentative)||31-01-2018 (Wednesday) 8.00 AM|
|Final Counselling (Tentative)||26.02.2018 (Monday) 08.00 AM|
|(Medical Board & submission of the||28.12.2017 (Thursday)|
|receipt for payment of fees etc…)|
|Issue of Admission Letter &||29.12.2017 (Friday) 10.00 AM|
|Letter for Hostel accommodation|
|Commencement of Course||01-01-2018 (Monday) 09.00 AM|
|Close of Admissions for MD/MS-||28-02-2018 (Wednesday)|
|January 2018 Session|
Note:- The candidates are advised to read the Prospectus before starting online registration and ensure that no column is left blank.
Request for rectification of any error committed in the application and refund of fees will not be considered under any circumstances.
All Counseling process will be done as per roster point allocation method (Annexure-
4. ABOUT JIPMER (PUDUCHERRY)
- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry (JIPMER) under Government of India since the year 1956, is one of the leading Medical Institutions of India. Spread over a sprawling 195 acre campus in an urban locale of Puducherry (formerly Pondicherry), JIPMER is 170 kms. by road from Chennai.
JIPMER has been declared as an “Institution of National Importance” by an Act of Parliament,
JIPMER, Puducherry, Act, 2008. A copy of the Act was Gazette notified on 14-7-2008 to enforce this Act. Prior to this the Institute was functioning under the administrative control of Directorate General of Health Service, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, New Delhi.
- The Institution is now empowered to award Medical Degrees, Diplomas, etc., under the clauses 23 & 24 of the said Act. Such Degrees / Diploma, etc., shall be deemed to be included in the schedules to the respective Acts governing Medical Council of India, Indian Nursing Council and Dental Council of India, entitling the holders to the same privileges as those attached to the equivalent awards from the recognized Universities of India.
- JIPMER imparts Undergraduate (UG), Postgraduate (PG) and Super Specialty Medical Training through a working hospital (JIPMER Hospital) with bed strength of Sanctioned 2134 and a Nursing College. M.B.B.S., B.Sc., M.Sc., M.D., M.S, Degree Courses are offered in 43 disciplines. Super Specialty departments of Cardiology, Neurology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Neurosurgery, Urology, Plastic Surgery, Pediatric Surgery, Pediatric Critical care, Neonatology, Clinical Immunology, Clinical Pharmacology, Nephrology, Medical Oncology, Endocrinology, Surgical Oncology and Surgical Gastroenterology also offer D.M./ M.Ch. Courses. Full-time Ph.D. Programs are available in fifteen disciplines as on date. Master of Public Health (30 seats) Post Basic Diploma Courses in Nursing (50 Seats in five disciplines).
5. ABOUT THE COURSE
(A) DURATION OF COURSE.
Duration of the MD/MS course is Three (3) years as per the Academic Calendar of JIPMER 01-01-2018 to 31-12-2020
(B) DISTRIBUTION OF SEATS:
M.D. / M.S. Courses are offered in the following disciplines and the distribution of seats discipline wise is as under:
|No. of Seats|
|Sl.||Disciplines||For all||candidates||For Non-|
|5||Dermatology, Venereology & Leprology||3||0||0|
|9||Immuno Hematology & Blood||1||0||1|
|2||Obstetrics & Gynaecology||9||1||0|
The number and distribution of seats are subject to variation depending upon the periodic directives / decisions from Competent Authorities.
6. DEFINITION OF CATEGORIES
- i) Unreserved (UR):-
Unreserved stands for all applicants including OCI (Overseas Citizen of India). ii) Institute (INST):-
Institute stands for an applicant who has studied and obtained his / her MBBS Degree from JIPMER. The word Institute is not applicable to any other Medical Institution for the purpose of benefit against statutory reservations.
iii) Other Backward Classes (OBC) :-
Applicants are required to ensure that he/she does not belong to the persons/sections (Creamy Layer) mentioned in Column 3 of the Schedule to the Government of India, Department of Personnel & Training O.M. No. 36012/22/93 -Estt. (SCT) dated 08/09/93 which is modified vide OM No. 36033/3/2004 Estt. (Res.) dated 09/03/2004 or the latest notification of the Government of India (ie. Central list) in support of his/her claim. Kindly click the following link to see the central list of OBC http://www.ncbc.nic.in/User_Panel/CentralListStateView.aspx
OBC Certificate must be in the format as mentioned in the Annexure II.
Certificate to be produced during counseling should NOT be older than ONE Year on date of 1st Counseling. (Between 14.12.2016 and 13.12 .2017).
- iv) Scheduled Caste / Tribe (SC / ST):-
Applicants will be required to produce th e necessary certificate in the format provided. During counseling the certificate as prescribed in M.H.A., O.M., No. 42/21/49-N.G.S. dated the 28.1.1952, as revised in Dept. of Per -& A.R. letter No. 36012/6/76-Est. (S.CT), dated the 29.10.1977, to be produced by candidate belonging to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe in support of his/her claim .
SC/ST Certificate must be in the format as mentioned in the Annexure III
- OPH – Orthopedic Physically Challenged:-
(5 % of the seats reserved horizontally i.e 5 seats out of 100 seats are reserved to OPH candidates as per THE RIGHTS OF PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ACT, 2016)
The candidate must possess a valid document certifying his/her physical disability conforming to judgment of Supreme Court of India i.e.
- With the approval of the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India vide letter no. 18018/2/2009-ME (P-1) dated 17.02.2009 it has been decided that while providing reservation in admission to medical course in the first instance candidates with disability of lower limbs between 50% to 70% shall be considered and in case such candidates are not available then candidates with disability of lower limbs between 40% to 50% will also be considered.
- The disability certificate should be uploaded in the online application form. (It should be certified by a duly constituted and authorized Medical Board of the State or Central Govt. Hospitals/Institutions
- The Percentage of the candidates’ disability (Locomotor) will be assessed by JIPMER Medical Board and the decision of the JIPMER Medical Board will be final in this regard.
7. INDIAN CANIDATES SPONSORED BY GOVT.
A candidate applying for admission as a sponsored / deputed candidate is required to fulfill the following conditions duly certified by his/her sponsoring / deputing Authority / Employer for admission to the course in the discipline allotted. The candidate is required to submit the scanned copy of sponsorship
certificate (Annexure-IV) .
In case, the applicant is not in a position to upload the sponsorship certificate at the time of submission of online application, he/she is permitted to upload scanned copy of sponsorship certificate (.jpg /pdf) using his/her user id and password on or before 01.11.2017 10.00 A.M in the database. Non-receipt of
scanned copy in the database of such candidate will lead to automatic rejection of his/her application and hall-ticket will not be generated/issued.
- That the candidate concerned is a permanent or regular employee of the deputing / sponsoring authority, and should have been working for at least last three years (on or before 31st December 2017 for January 2018 session).
- That after getting training at JIPMER, Puducherry, and the candidate will be suitably employed by the deputing/sponsoring authority to work for at least five years in the specialty in which training is received by the candidate at the JIPMER.
- That no financial implications, in the form of emoluments/ stipend etc. will devolve upon
JIPMER, Puducherry during the entire period of his/her course and such payment shall be the responsibility of the sponsoring authority.
Deputation/ Sponsorship of candidates holding tenure appointments (like house job, Junior or Senior Residency, ad hoc or contract or honorary appointment against a leave vacancy) shall NOT be accepted. Deputation / Sponsorship of any candidate by private hospitals, institutes or nursing homes are not accepted. The sponsoring Institute should not nominate more than one candidate for each of the specialties specified in the distribution of seats in the discipline (Page No: 6)
Sponsorship / Deputation of candidates will be accepted only from the following:
- Central or State Government Departments/Institutions
- Autonomous Bodies of the Central or State Government
- Public sector colleges affiliated to universities and recognized by the MCI. In case of candidate deputed/ sponsored by the Medical College affiliated to Universities and recognized by Medical Council of India, deputation/sponsorship certificate signed by the Principal of Medical College concerned only shall be accepted.
SELECTION OF SPONSORED CANDIDATES
Sponsored/Deputed candidates are also required to appear in the common entrance examination. If selected for admission to any course of the Institute, these candidates are required to make their own arrangement for stay during the period of their studies.
8. NON-RESIDENT INDIANS (NRI) CANDIDATES
Non-Resident Indians candidates are required to route their application through the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, New Delhi. All Non-Resident Indians should register their MBBS Degree in the Medical Council of their respective countries and will have to take prior permission from the Medical Council of India before applying for postgraduate Courses in the Institute. An advance copy must be submitted at JIPMER, Puducherry before the last date of receipt of applications.
However applications of such candidates will be processed after receipt of the same through diplomatic channels. These candidates are also required to appear in the entrance examination along with other candidates. Preference will be given to the candidates from SAARC countries (Bhutan, Bangladesh, Maldives, Nepal & Sri Lanka). Selection of candidates will be made on merit based, on their performance in the entrance examination. In the event of selection, the candidates have to apply for temporary registration with the Medical Council of India for the duration of postgraduate study.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION OF NON-RESIDENT INDIANS
- Non-Resident Indians are required to fill in the prescribed online application form ONLY ONE discipline of their choice for admission to Postgraduate courses leading to award of MD/MS degree.
- The Non-Resident Indians are required to send their Registration Slip of on line application through Diplomatic Channel. They are also required to appear in the Competitive Entrance Examination along with other candidates. An “Advance Copy‟ to be submitted at JIPMER before the last date of online registration. However the application of all such candidates will be processed only after receipt of the same through Diplomatic Channel.
- The Non-Resident Indians will be considered against the seats advertised under the “Sponsored” category only for MD/MS courses. They should be registered with MCI before they will be allowed to join the said course, if they are selected for the same through the entrance examination.
- d) Nominations/ No objection for the candidate should reach the Office of the Dean (Academic), JIPMER, Puducherry – 605 006 before the date of issue of the Hall ticket as specified under “IMPORTANT DATES”. In case of non-receipt of the nominations/clearance/no objection from the concerned Ministry by due date, their candidature will not be considered.
- e) No emoluments will be paid by JIPMER to the Non-Resident Indians candidates
SELECTION OF NON-RESIDENT INDIANS CANDIDATES
Separate merit lists will be drawn for each of the specified discipline for Govt. Sponsored and Non-Resident Indians candidates.
If suitable candidates are not available in the Sponsored / Non-Resident Indians Seats, the same will be pooled to the Roster point reservation.
Proportional allocation of seats and interval fixing at the time of counseling will be based on Model Roster of Reservation (Vide Annexure I) and share of entitlement. Representation of each of the reserved category shall at no point of time exceed the reservation prescribed for it.
9. OVERSEAS CITIZEN OF INDIA (OCI):-
Overseas Citizen of INDIA (OCI) registered under under section 7A of the Citizenship Act, 1955 are eligible to apply. All terms and conditions given in this Prospectus will be applicable to OCI Registered Candidate.
The candidate should upload his/her OCI card at the time of filling the online application and the same should be submiited at the time of counseling.
The OCI candidates will be considered only in Unreserved Category quota, Hence, the name will be included only in the Overall Merit list
- Nationality :
- Indian Nationals (IN):-
Applicant must be an Indian National or Overseas Citizens of India (OCI)
- ii) Non-Resident Indians (FN)
Non-Resident Indians candidates are required to route their application through the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, New Delhi. All Non-Resident Indians will have to take prior permission from the Medical Council of India before applying for postgraduate Courses in the Institute. An advance copy of the application and copy of request to MCI must be submitted at JIPMER, Puducherry before the last date of receipt of applications. In the events of selection, the candidate has to apply for temporary registration with the medical council of India for the duration of postgraduate study.
- Educational Qualification:
The candidates must possess MBBS or an equivalent Degree recognized by the Medical Council of India.
A candidate must have completed the required period of 12 months compulsory rotating internship / Practical training on or before 31st December 2017 [*Candidates not completing the internship on or before 31-12-2017 need not apply for January 2018 session. No condonation of Compulsory Rotating Internship beyond this date shall be accepted].
- Minimum Qualifying Marks:-
- For all other categories including OBC Category 55% marks in aggregate
- For candidates belonging to the SC/ST Categories 50% marks in aggregate
- For OPH candidates the minimum aggregate as provided in (i) and (ii) for the category to which the candidate belongs shall apply.
- Application Status:
Candidates who have already done / completed MD/MS in any subject in any Institution are not eligible for admission to MD/MS course at JIPMER.
11. HOW TO APPLY
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION : THROUGH ON-LINE MODE ONLY. ON LINE APPLICATION USER INTERFACE : ANNEXURE – V
- Candidates seeking admission to entrance examination are required to apply on-line mode only. (Any other mode of application will not be accepted.)
- Log on to link in the Home page jipmer.puducherry.gov.in. and navigate to the link “Apply on-line MD/MS admission – January 2018 Session ”.
- Read the prospectus and instruction carefully.
- The flow chart for filling application on-line given as (ANNEXURE – V) in the Prospectus.
- The candidate should acquaint himself/herself with all requirements with regard to filling up the application on-line.
Application fees for each category as mentioned below to be paid by the candidate using any one of the following mode of payment. No other mode of payment will be accepted.
- a) Net Banking b) Credit Card c) Debit Card
|General (UR) / OCI/ SPONSORED||Rs.1,500 + Transaction Charges|
|OBC||Rs.1,500 + Transaction Charges|
|SC/ST||Rs.1,200 + Transaction Charges|
|NRI||Rs.3,000 + Transaction Charges|
|OPH||Exempted From Application Fees|
12. INSTRUCTIONS FOR UPLOADING PHOTOGRAPH / SIGNAUTRE
- One (1) recent colour passport size photograph with light background is required. Black & White / Polaroid photographs are not acceptable.
- Photograph MUST be taken on or after 01.07.2017.
- The photograph must be taken with a placard while the placard is being held by the candidate indicating name of candidate and date of taking photograph. In case name and date are written on the photograph after taking it, the application will be rejected.
- The name and date on the photograph should be legible.
NOTE : Candidate must upload photograph and signature to correct specified fields.
Do not make any mistake in uploading signature and photograph.
- Candidate must have in softcopy/digital of PASSPORT SIZE PHOTOGRAPH (30mm width x 45mm Height) and save it as “Candidate Photograph.jpg” provided by photographer. Keep size of photograph minimum size 20KB, as the maximum size limit is 200KB.
- Candidate has to affix his/her SIGNATURE in an area of 80mm Width X 35mm Height on paper with a black ball point pen. Scan that paper. Cut Signature is of 80mm Width X 35mm Height and save it as
“Candidate Signature.jpg”. Keep size of Signature minimum size 20KB, as the maximum size limit is 200 KB
13. DISCLAIMER:Mere completion of “REGISTRATION FOR PAYMENT” does not confer right for issue of Hall Ticket.
- The process of submission of application On-line is completed only after clicking the “submit button” after Uploading personal details, *Scanned Photograph and Scanned Signature (Refer to the Flow chart appended to the prospectus).
- The candidate is advised to download a copy of their filled in application which contains Application No., Personal details, scanned photograph, scanned signature and the payment details.
- Fees will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- No request for change in the details provided in the application will not be considered, after the submission the On-line application by clicking the “submit button”.
- Incomplete application, application with false details will be rejected
- The applicant is advised to read the Prospectus carefully before starting online registration and ensure that no column is left blank.
- Candidates are advised to go through On-line application User Interface given as Annexure – V before filling up the application.
- In the event of rejection of the on -line application form, no correspondence / request for re- consideration will be entertained. Fresh application with another payment has to be made on -line.
- Refund of application fee will NOT be entertained under any circumstances (No refund of fee paid earlier will be done). The applicants are therefore required to exercise due caution while filling and making on line payment.
- Once application is submitted, candidate alone is responsible for the correction of the uploaded data.
- The application once submitted is FINAL and NO request for change in any data filled by the applicant will be entertained at any stage.
- In case the candidate has found an error of entry committed by him/her in the application, a new application has to be submitted along with the prescribed fee. The earlier application will automatically stand cancelled
- No E-Mail or Written communication will be entertained in this regard
14. ENTRANCE EXAMINATION
- Entrance Examination will be conducted through a Computer Based Test (CBT) [Online] only.
- The examination shall be held on Sunday, 19-11-2017 (Sunday) from 10.00 AM to 01.00 P.M
- The Duration of the examination shall be 3 hours (Three hours).
- The Online (CBT) Entrance Examination will be conducted in One shift.
- Therefore all candidates will be required to appear at CBT Online Entrance Examination, which will be conducted on Sunday, 19th November 2017.
- The venue, time and shift of the examination will be communicated to the candidates in the Admit Card.
- No candidate will be permitted to appear in the examination unless he/she holds a valid “Hall Ticket” issued by the Institute and a proof of their identific ation.
METHOD OF ENTRANCE EXAMINATION:
- The examination shall be conducted in ENGLISH medium ONLY.
- The Entrance Examination is common to all and consists of 250 single best response type MCQs having four alternatives and the questions will be asked from the following subjects. and the distribution of no. of question is as detailed below:-
|Basic Clinical Sciences|
|Pharmacology, Microbiology and Forensic Medicine &|
(Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Community Medicine, Pediatrics, Ophthalmology,
Orthopedics, ENT, Anesthesiology, Dermatology, 150 Psychiatry, Radio diagnosis, Radio therapy, Emergency
Medicine, Nuclear Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine and Blood Transfusion Medicine).
- Candidates are advised to go through the Mock Test for computer based Test (online examination).
Link for mock test is available on JIPMER’s Website JIPMER MD/MS Entrance Examination – 2018 link.
Links to Mock Test and Candidate Experience video created for applicants to familiarize themselves, are available at www.jipmer. puducherry.gov.in
15. EXAM CITIES FOR ENTRANCE EXAMINATION :
The following 10 cities are tentatively proposed in India as the examination centres :
|Sl. No.||Exam City|
|Sl. No.||Exam City|
- NEW DELHI
- Applicant can opt only for THREE EXAM CITIES.
- The allotment of Exam City would be as per the order of preference clicked by applicant during on-line registration on a FIRST-CUM-FIRST served basis.
Ø Normally the first preference would be allotted. Depending upon local conditions, JIPMER reserves the right to allot any other Exam City other than the preferences given by the applicant.
- NO request for change of center would be considered under any circumstances by the candidate
- The Exam City preference is only indicative and subject to change; Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research retains the final decision on the same and its allotment
- In case, a city is cancelled due to non-availability of minimum number of candidates in that city, JIPMER shall do necessary re-allocation of candidates who have chosen that city
- In case of any unforeseen circumstances the Exam City can be cancelled at any point of time and a new Exam City can be allotted en bloc with due intimation in website/ text message.
Ø HALL TICKETS FOR THE ENTRANCE EXAMINATION WILL BE AVAILABLE TO THE CANDIDATES WHOSE APPLICATIONS ARE COMPLETE IN ALL RESPECTS, FROM
01-11-2017 (Wednesday) 11 AM ONWARDS. (Tentative) IN JIPMER WEBSITE.
- THE HALL TICKET WILL CONTAIN
- NAME AND DATE OF BIRTH AS TYPED BY THE CANDIDATE IN THE APPLICATION
- PHOTO AND SIGNATURE IMAGE AS UPLOADED BY THE CANDIDATE
- EXAMINATION CITY ALLOTTED AND ROLL NUMBER.
- NO change in the category/age/name/DOB (Date of Birth) will be entertained after submission of application.
- REQUEST FOR RECTIFICATION / CHANGE OF ANY OTHER DETAILS IN THE HALL TICKET SHALL NOT BE CONSIDERED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.
- Candidates will NOT be allowed to appear for the Entrance Examination unless he/she produce the hall ticket along with ID proof in original & a photocopy of the same.
- CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO PRESERVE THEIR HALL TICKET, WHICH IS MANDATORY FOR ADMISSION.
16. INSTRUCTIONS – DO’S AND DON’TS
- SINGLE SHIFT:- Candidates should report at the exam venue by00 AM. Entry to examination center closes at 09:15 AM. Entry will NOT be permitted beyond 09:15 AM under any circumstance. This is to facilitate completing all the formalities including biometrics and photo capture. Exam starts at 10:00 AM. Candidate will NOT be permitted to leave the exam hall before 01:00 PM (i.e. time of close of examination)
Candidates are requested to be available in their allotted exam centres 2 hours before the commencement of the exam to avoid unnecessary tussle in the last minute. They are also advised to visit the exam venue one day before the examination.
- Candidates should carry ONLY Hall Ticket along with Valid Identity proof (in original) and photocopy (Xerox) of the same ID proof inside the hall. Candidate will NOT be allowed to take the examination without valid Hall Ticket & Valid ID Proof.
(Valid ID Proof: Aadhar/ E-Aadhar with validated digital signature / Passport) ID Proof other than mentioned above will NOT be permitted /accepted under any circumstances except to the candidates from the states of Assam, Meghalaya and Jammu &Kashmir the following Identity Proof (ID Proof) will be considered in addition to the ID proof mentioned above due to non-implementation of Aadhar scheme.
- Bank Passbook with photograph
- Voter ID
- Driving License
- Any other valid Government identity Proof with photograph
- The candidate is solely responsible to get the signature and seal of the centre Representative/Invigilator on their Hall ticket. Failure to do so is liable for disqualification. Before leaving the hall, photocopy of the ID proof should be handed over to Invigilator.
- Biometric authentication through digital device and hard copy of signature and fingerprint in attendance sheet will be taken. Cooperation of the candidate is solicited.
- Candidate will NOT be permitted to take any other papers except hall ticket and valid Identity proof and photocopy of the same ID proof.
- Cellular phones, calculators, watch, alarm clocks, digital watches with built-in-calculators / memory, ear phones and other electronic gadgets etc. will not be permitted. (Arrangements will NOT be made by the duty staff for safe keeping and returning the above gadgets if brought). Candidates are solely responsible for the safe keeping of their belongings
- In case any candidate is caught or found to use any unfair means he / she shall be liable for summarily disqualification.
- Use of unfair means /impersonation will lead to summarily cancellation of selection / admission.
- JIPMER reserves the right to reschedule the date / time of the examination, depending upon local
- Candidates taking the Entrance Examination will be subjected to thorough frisking before being allowed into the hall.
- Biometric finger print and image capture will be done for every candidate on the day of Examination inside the examination hall by the authorized personnel.
- The candidate must show, on demand, the hall ticket for admission in the examination hall. A candidate who does not peroduce the hall ticket issued by the JIPMER. He/She will not be admitted to the Examination Hall under any circumstances, by the Center Superintendent.
- During the examination, the invigilator will check hall ticket of the candidates to satisfy himself/herself about the identity of each candidate.
- Candidates are advised to check the seating plan and identify the room / lab allotted as per their Hall Ticket number, which will be displayed outside the halls.
- Candidates will not be permitted to leave the exam hall until the exam is over except acute health related issues.
- Smoking in the Examination Hall is strictly prohibited.
- Tea, coffee, cold drinks or food & snacks are NOT allowed in the Examination Halls.
- The test will start exactly at the time mentioned in the Hall Ticket and an announcement to this effect will be made by the invigilator.
- The candidate must sign in the Attendance Sheet at the appropriate place and affix the Left Index Finger impression against the appropriate column of the attendance sheet. Failure to comply to this requirement will lead to the annulling of his candidature without any prior intimation.
- For those who are unable to appear on the scheduled date of examination for any reason, re-examination shall NOT be held by the JIPMER under any circumstances.
- This Hall Ticket is issued subject to condition that if ineligibility is detected at any stage, the candidature will be cancelled.
- Once inside the Examination Centre / Premises, all candidates will be under surveillance & activities will be monitored. Hence, candidates are advised NOT to indulge into any unlawful activities which will invite disqualification & legal actions.
The exam venues will be in the perimeter of 20 to 25 kms from the main city. Hence, the candidates are advised to visit the exam venue one day prior to the exam date.
On the exam date, the candidates are advised to be in the centre two(2) hours before the examination commence.
18. UNFAIR MEANS:
If during the course of examination, a candidate is found indulging in any of the following, he / she shall be deemed to have used unfair means at the examinations and as such his / her result shall not be declared but shall be marked as UNFAIR MEANS (U.F.M.) and debarred from taking this examination permanently in future:
- Having in possession papers, books, notes, electronic devices or any other material or information relevant to the examination in the paper concerned;
- Giving or receiving assistance directly or indirectly of any kind or attempting to do so;
- Contacting or communicating or trying to do so with any person, other than the Examination Staff, during the examination time in the examination center;
- Threatening any of the officials connected with the conduct of the examinations or threatening any of the candidates;
- Using or attempting to use any other undesirable method or means in connection with the
- Cheating/ copying in the exam.
The JIPMER MD/MS Online Entrance Examination is a proprietary examination and is conducted by JIPMER. The contents of this test are confidential and involving intellectual property rights, and are owned by JIPMER, JIPMER explicitly prohibits the candidate from publishing, reproducing or transmitting any or some contents of this test, in whole or in part, in any form or by any means verbal or written, electronic or mechanical or for any purpose.
19. METHOD OF SELECTION:-
The Candidates will be selected based on the performance in the entrance exam which is scheduled on Sunday, 19th November 2017
Awarding of Marks:-
- The response of the candidate for a question(s), on click of “submit button” before closing of
Examination shall be considered as the response chosen by the candidate.
- Questions that are ANSWERED will be considered as ANSWERED
- MARKED FOR REVIEW will be considered as NOT ANSWERED
- Each answer with CORRECT RESPONSE shall be awarded FOUR MARKS.
- ONE (1) Mark will be deducted for INCORRECT RESPONSE.
- ZERO mark will be given for the question NOT ANSWERED.
|CORRECT||WRONG||FOR REVIEW||NOT ANSWERED|
- The score such obtained will be the Raw Score
- This Raw Score will be used to determine Percentile score [for the purpose of Eligibility using Cut-Offs and determining Merit / Ranking].
PERCENTILE SCORE CALCULATION:-
Percentile score of each Candidate will reflect what Percentage of Candidates have scored below that Candidate in Entrance Examination.
The Percentile Score of a Candidate will be calculated by using the formula
- of Candidates from the group with aggregate mark less than a candidate X 100 No. of Candidates appeared in the exam
If 3888 Candidates appeared and a Candidate who has scored 60% marks and has 2500 Candidates below him; his Percentile score will be calculated as follows
Percentile Score of 60% Marks in the Entrance Examination = 2500 X 100 3888
Percentile score = 64.3004
20. METHOD OF RESOLVING TIES: –
In case of two or more candidates securing equal Percentile in the entrance examination their inter se merit shall be determined in the following order :
- Negative Marks:- The candidate who have less negative mark will be placed higher than that of the other candidate.
- Aggregate Marks in Qualifying Examination:-
If still the tie exist , Candidates obtaining higher aggregate marks in all the MBBS Professional Examinations shall be placed higher than candidates with lower aggregate marks in MBBS Professional Examinations
- Age: If still the tie exist, the candidate elder by age will be ranked higher
Merit Ranking would be based on percentile score.
- Merit List would be drawn category wise based on minimum percentile as given below:
|Unreserved (UR) – OPH||45|
|SC / ST / OBC /- OPH||40|
- Candidates who secure less than the minimum percentile in the Entrance Examination will NOT be considered for admission and their names will NOT be included in the Merit List.
- No E-Mail or Written communication will be entertained in this regard .
Request for Change of Category/Status Submitted in the application shall NOT be entertained /considered under any circumstances. If any, Fresh application with another payment has to be made on-line before the last date of closing registration. It will be deemed that the application form is submitted with knowledge of the candidate only.
21. SUMMARY OF EXAMINATION PATTERN
(Please see the text for details and explanations)
|01||Mode of Examination||Computer Based Test (CBT) [Online]|
|02||Duration of Examination||3 hours (Three Hours)|
|03||Date of Examination||Sunday, 19th November 2017|
|04||Number of Shifts||01 (ONE)|
|05||Timing of Examination||Single Shift :- 10.00 AM to 01.00 PM|
|06||Location of Examination Centres||Tentatively 10 cities in India|
|07||Language of Paper||English|
|08||Type of Examination||Objective Type|
|09||Number of Questions||One Paper of 250 (Two hundred) Questions|
|10||Type of Objective Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|11||Distribution of Questions||Basic Clinical Science- 100 Questions|
|Clinical Science||– 150 Questions|
|Correct Answer : Four marks (+) 4|
|12||Marking Scheme||Incorrect Answer: Minus one (−) 1|
|14||Eligibility scoring (Percentile)||2.||UR-OPH||– 45|
|15||Method of determining merit||Percentiles Score|
|In the Following order:|
|16||Method of Resolving Ties||1.Less Negative Marks|
|2. High Aggregate Marks in Qualifying Examination|
|3. Seniority by age|
22. DECLARATION OF RESULTS:
The list of candidates who qualify for counselling to the MD/MS course would be declared tentatively
on 30-11-2017 (Thursday). The marks/Percentile Scores of individual candidate will be made available on
JIPMER Website www.jipmer.puducherry.gov.in.
Requests for re-evaluation/re-checking will not be entertained under any circumstances.
Based on the result of the Competitive Entrance Examination, the following merit lists will be
prepared based on Percentile Scores:
- Overall Merit list
- Other Backward Classes Candidate Merit list
- Scheduled Caste Candidate Merit list
- Scheduled Tribe Candidate Merit list
- Institute Candidate Merit List
- OPH Candidate Merit List
- Sponsored Candidate Merit List
- Non- Resident Indian Candidate Merit list
In each category the total no. of candidate to be called for counseling will be 10 (Ten) times the
no.of seats available in each category.
Individual letters will NOT be sent to the SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES. Candidates and parents are advised to browse the website periodically for updated information. They will be required to attend Counseling at the Institute at their own cost on the notified date. OPH Candidates should attend the medical examination one day advance before the day of counselling scheduled. The JIPMER Medical board will assess the percentage of disability and the decision of board will be final.
23. COUNSELLING OVERVIEW
Note: The candidate who is absent on the day of counseling, he/she will not be eligible for subsequent counseling except final counseling.
24. COUNSELLING PROCESS
- The list of candidates who qualify for counseling should report at venue, date and time mentioned in the website at the time of declaration of results.
- Biometric finger print and image verifications of the candidate will be done on the day of If there is a mismatch, the candidate will NOT be permitted to attend the counseling apart from proceeding with legal action deemed fit by the Institution.
- The Candidate should submit the following certificates in original along with one set of self-attested copies.
- Original Hall Ticket with seal of the Invigilator
- Rank letter
- Certificate showing the date of birth (Birth Certificate/SSLC mark List)
- MBBS Mark Statement
- Internship Completion Certificate.
- Conduct Certificate obtained from the Institute last attended.
- Transfer Certificate obtained from the Institute last studied
- Migration Certificate obtained from the University last attended.
- MBBS degree or Provisional Pass certificate
- Permanent / Provisional Medical Registration Certificate. (Permanent Medical Registration Certificate should be produced at the time of joining the course). The candidates from Andhra Pradesh has to produce a letter (in his/her name) from the Andhra Pradesh Medical Council stating that his/her original registration certificate has been retained and a Xerox / photocopy of the Registration Certificate issued by Andhra Pradesh Medical Council can be acceptable for P.G Admissions.
- Residence certificate issued by Revenue Authority not below the rank of Tahsildar or AADHAR card or Voter ID or Passport copy.
- In case of Other Backward Classes/ Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe, a Community Certificate,recently obtained from the competent authority – a Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- Other Backward Classes (OBC) candidates should produce the required certificate as per the format in the Annexure-II
- Schedule Caste/Schedule Tribe (SC/ST) candidates should produce the required certificate as per the format in the Annexure-III
- Certificate from the Institute last studied, stating that the degree obtained by him / her from that Institute is recognized by Medical Council of India.
- Service candidate should produce NOC / Relieving Order and a certificate granting study leave with or without pay as the case may be. (Annexure-IV)
- Proof of Registration as OCI (in case of Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)).
- Medical Certificate in case of Orthopedic Physically Challenged candidates.
- Passport size colour photo – 4 Nos.
- The detection of any discrepancy in the caste certificate shall entail cancellation of registration even after admission to the course. This is as per the provisions made by Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions vide their order No.36033/4/97-Estt. (RES) dated: 25-7-2003 and No.36011/3/2005-Estt. (RES) dated: 09-9-2005 respectively. The name, designation and the seal of the officer should be legible in the certificate. Certificate from any other person / authority will not be accepted and no further correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.
(The Original Certificates will be retained in the Academic Section and returned only after the candidate completes the course or if relieved in mid-way for any reason).
- If the candidates’ Biometric finger print, Image and Certificates are found in order, He / She is eligible to attend the counselling.
It is mandatory for all candidates to be physically present i.e in person for counseling on the day.
No request for authorized representative on behalf of candidate will be entertained. If a candidate fails to come for counseling in person, he/ she will be marked as absent.
Adequate number of Candidates shall be called from eligible candidates from all the categories so that Roster Point is not blocked for lack of attendance.
Counseling (including final counseling) will be done according to the category rank (UR / INST / OBC / SC / ST / OPH) i.e as per the Roster Point allocation method. Production of all original certificates as per list vide prospectus is mandatory. Candidates WITHOUT Original / Bonafide certificates shall
NOT be entertained to participate in counseling.
The Candidates who have applied under Non -Creamy Layer OBC Category and whose sub-caste NOT listed in the current Central OBC List and who’s Certificate has NOT been submitted in the prescribed format ( Annexure – II) from the Competent Authority (OR) The candidates who have applied under SC/ST Categories WITHOUT valid Certificate as in the prescribed format ( Annexure – III) from the Competent Authority (OR) Non submission of OCI Registration Certificate issued by Competent Authority at the time of counseling will be treated as Unreserved candidate and they will considered only under UR Category as per their merit.
26. ELIGIBILITY FOR SUBSEQUENT COUNSELING
- A candidate who is absent at the time of first counseling will forfeit his / her chance for admission and will not be eligible for second counseling.
- Second counseling will be held, if seats are vacant, as per date given in the prospectus. The dates and eligible candidates shall be notified in JIPMER website and no personal intimation will be sent.
- A candidate who is present for the first counseling but does not opt / exercise option at his / her category rank will be eligible to attend second counseling.
- A candidate who is present for the second counseling but does not opt / exercise option at his / her category rank will be eligible to attend third counseling.
- Any seat remaining vacant after the third counseling due to candidates’ resigning (or) not opting for the discipline, will be available for the final counseling to be held in the last week of February
- All candidates who are eligible for inclusion in the merit list can attend this final counseling irrespective of their previous attendance
In case, if any particular category, candidates are not available (after calling all the eligible candidates), then that category seat alone will be made available to the eligible General Category (UR) candidate and the process of counseling will continue as per roster point.
27. BONA-FIDE CERTIFICATE FOR COUNSELING
Candidates who come for counseling with a certificate that “their original certificates are deposited with the Institute / College / University” will be allowed to participate in counseling under the following conditions:
- A Letter / Document in Original signed by the Principal / Dean mentioning the exact date of admission and list of the original certificates retained in that College / Institution.
- The fee receipt for the admission issued by the college in Original
- Attested photocopies of all Certificates retained in that college are to be submitted.
- A Bona-fide Certificate Deposit (BCD) for INR 25,000/- (INR TWENTY FIVE THOUSAND ONLY) as DD drawn in favour of The Director, JIPMER, has to be submitted along with the bona-fide certificate.
- Any such candidate attending the counseling with only bona-fide certificate, taking up a seat available at his / her rank in the counseling, has to submit the original certificate within three working days from the date of counseling, failing which they will forfeit the Bona-fide certificate
Deposit of 25,000/- (INR TWENTY FIVE THOUSAND ONLY) and their claim for the seat offered in the counseling stands cancelled automatically.
- Upon any such candidate who does not join the course after taking the initial allotment and forfeits his/her claim for the allotted seat in writing, his / her BCD will not be returned.
- Upon such candidates who have attended the counseling with bona-fide certificate and subsequently have submitted the originals in time and admitted to the course, their BCD will be returned to him/her only at the end of the course.
- In case of candidates whose original certificates are retained by any Central/State Govt. authority as a part of any bond fulfillment, a Bona-fide Certificate Deposit of INR 25,000 (INR TWENTY FIVE THOUSAND ONLY) has to be submitted for counseling/admission purposes.
 In case of such candidates who leave the course midway, their BCD will not be returned and they will also have to pay the penalty and one month salary in lieu of notice period as per the terms and conditions of residency scheme contract.
28. SWITCHING OVER FROM ONE DISCIPLINE TO ANOTHER.
- Candidates opting for a particular discipline and getting admitted at JIPMER after the First counseling are eligible to be registered for the subsequent counseling(s) on production of Demand Draft for an amount of INR.25,000/- (INR TWENTY FIVE THOUSAND ONLY) drawn in favour of The Director, JIPMER payable at SBI, JIPMER Branch, Pondicherry .
- In case the candidate changes that discipline at his/her roster point during the counseling, he/she should submit the resignation from the previous discipline immediately; then only he/she will be allotted another seat of choice available at that Roster Point allocation in the same counseling without break to his/her residency agreement.
- However such candidates are required to pay Academic Fee, Admission Fee and Learning Resource Fee for the new discipline chosen.
- Resignation from candidates who switched over in second or third counseling would entail mid-stream departure penalty for each switch over. This would be in addition to penalty for terminating Residency contract agreement entered upon admission by the candidate.
PROCESS OF COUNSELING
- The selection for the seats under various categories will be held on 13th December 2017 by Roster system (including final counseling). Roster point order for selection for the same is displayed in
- Option once exercised is final and the course fee of INR 15,960/- (Fifteen Thousand Nine Hundred and Sixty Only) has to be paid at the time of leaving the counseling hall and Receipt taken. This receipt should be produced at the time of collecting the admission order. If a candidate is withdrawing his/her option before issue of the admission order, a penalty of Rs. 25,000/- will be imposed and fees paid will not be refunded, unless he/she is found medically disqualified.
- No TA / DA will be paid to any category of candidate called for counseling. All candidates should attend counseling at their own expense. They should make their own arrangements for stay at Puducherry.
- DATES FOR SUBSEQUENT COUNSELING FOR ANY SEAT(S) FALLING VACANT WILL BE INTIMATED IN JIPMER WEBSITE. NO INDIVIDUAL
COMMUNICATION WILL BE SENT.
29. ISSUE OF ADMISSION ORDER FOR JOINING PG Courses
The candidates who have opted for a seat and selected through the counseling, shall undergo medical examination and biometric (Finger-print / signature) verification. After due verification of the documents, clearance of biometric parameters, medical fitness certified by competent authority nominated by the Institute, the admission letter will be issued.
The academic session will commence from 01st January 2018
Selected candidates must join the course after medical examination on or before the stipulated date given in the letter of selection. The selected candidates should pay the requisite fees as would be mentioned in the selection order. The admission of candidates, who fail to pay the specified fee by the date mentioned in the letter of selection or fail to join the course or fail to report for duty to the concerned Head of the Department and has not worked in the Department, will be treated as cancelled. Such seats shall then be filled through second counseling by following roster system. No further correspondence will be made in this regard.
Extension of joining time shall not be granted under any circumstances. The Junior Resident (P.G.) should send his/her joining Report to the Director through the concerned Head of the Department.
In case, any Junior Resident remains continuously absent, unauthorized for more than 30 days after joining, the admission will be cancelled and necessary penalty will be levied.
Admission to the course will be provisional, subject to the recognition of the qualifying examination of individual candidate by the JIPMER.
In case any candidate is found to have supplied false information or certificate, etc., or found to have withheld or concealed information in his / her Application Form, he/she shall be debarred from admission and if already admitted, the admission will be cancelled without prejudice to other disciplinary action.
In case a candidate is found to have used unfair means / impersonation, the selection / admission will be summarily cancelled.
30. FEE STRUCTURE *
For Indian Nationals & NRI / OCI :
The following fees, subject to revision will be payable by each candidate:
|1||Admission Fee (one time.)||3,000.00|
|2||Academic Fee (p.a.)||2,200.00|
|3||Learning Resource Fee (One Time)||9,000.00|
|4||Corpus Fund on Academic Fee (p.a.)||110.00|
|5||Student information details||1,500.00|
|6||Identity Card Charges (One time)||150.00|
|The||Admission||fees||should||be paid||by||each candidate at ACADEMIC|
SECTION, JIPMER on the counseling day after the completion of counseling process.
HOSTEL CHARGES: (Part-I)
|1.||Hostel Caution Deposit (p.a)||5,000.00|
|2.||Hostel Mess Deposit (p.a)*||3,000.00|
|3.||Student Recreation/Amenities (p.a)||1,000.00|
* Subject to vary according to the mess where the students is dining.
The above mentioned charges should be paid by the candidate after the allotment of Hostels in the respective hostels.
|Sl.No.||Description||Fee in Rs.|
|1.||Establishment Charges (p.a)||6,000.00|
|Room Rent (p.a) (including Electricity Charges) *||9,000.00|
|2.||(Single Room – Rs.9,000/-||OR|
|Double Room – Rs.6,000/-)||6,000.00|
The above mentioned charges should be paid by the candidate after the allotment of hostels and the same should be paid in the Estate Section (Administrative Block, JIPMER, Puducherry)
31. HOSTEL ACCOMMODATION:
- All Residents including NRI may avail a common hostel accommodation subject to availability. (Renovation Work is under Process)
- Hostel Accommodation is primarily for non-Puducherry Candidate.
- Separate Hostels for Male & Female Residents
- Application for accommodation in the hostels should be in the prescribed form along with the assurance by the parent or guardian for the good conduct and behavior of the candidate during his/her stay in the hostel. Allotment of hostel will be first cum first serve basis and it will be done by the Warden on approval by the Director.
- After the allotment of Hostel to the students, the candidate should pay the
following charges in the respective places at JIPMER,Puducherry.
CONTRACT & EMOLUMENTS
All Postgraduate Degree students will be covered under the Residency Scheme on contract service and they will be required to enter into a contract as prescribed by the Institute. If any candidate leaves the course at any time, he / she will have to abide by all the terms and conditions as per the contract executed by him / her.
- All the candidates, admitted to various courses, will be appointed as “Junior Resident” during the period of the course. The total duration of the salary period of Junior Residents shall not exceed 3 years and will end on 31st December of third year of Post Graduate Degree.
- The candidates admitted to Degree course will be paid as per the pay scales and other allowances admissible under rules and as approved by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India from time to time.
- During the period of the Junior Residency, candidates are not eligible to receive or apply for Scholarship / Financial Assistance / Salary / Railway concessions of any kind, etc. from any other source as they are in a stipendiary post fixed by the Government. Private Medical practice is not permitted during the period of Post Graduate course.
- If the Junior Resident is suspended from duty in connection with any investigation into his / her conduct, he / she shall not be entitled to any emoluments during such a period of suspension.
32. RESIDENCY SCHEME
Duties and responsibilities of the Postgraduate students will be as fixed by Government from time to time under the residency scheme for which contract has to be executed at the time of admission. Renewal of this contract annually is subject to satisfactory performance report from concerned head of the department. In case of any adverse report, institute has right to terminate the residency contract with immediate effect. They will be required to perform such work as may be needed in the legitimate interest of patient care in the hospital / aboratory work / teaching schedule.
The Service of the Resident may be terminated without any prior notice by the Director:
- If he / she is satisfied on medical evidence that the resident is unfit and is likely to remain so for a considerable period for reasons of ill health and unable to discharge his / her duties. The decision of the Director whether the Resident is unfit and is likely to continue to remain unfit shall be conclusive and binding on him / her.
- If the Resident is found to behave in an unruly manner singly or in a group or cause damage to institutes property, bring discredit to the name of institution in any manner or guilty of any insubordination, interference or other misconduct or any breach or non-performance of any of the provisions of the agreement signed by him / her at the time of admission or of any rules pertaining to the Institute.
- If any resident is absent continuously for more than 30 days without any intimation to the office, the residency contract stands automatically cancelled and no course completion certificate will be issued and necessary penalty will be levied.
- If the certificates submitted by him / her at the time of joining the course are found to be not genuine by Competent Authority at any time during or after the course his / her Degree is liable to be cancelled by the Director.
33. ATTENDANCE / LEAVE
The Postgraduate students are eligible for leave as follows: –
|First Year Junior Resident||:||30 days in a completed academic year|
|Second and Third Year Junior Resident||:||36 days in a completed academic year|
The leave that is not availed during a year cannot be carried over to the subsequent year. Junior Residents are not entitled to any other leave except that mentioned above. Residents who do not put in 80% attendance in each academic year will not be eligible to write the examination at the scheduled time. If he/she has availed leave of any kind (sanctioned or otherwise) and lacks attendance of 80%, he / she will be allowed to write the exam after putting in extra period of Residency Service. No emoluments shall be paid during the extension period.
Every candidate who joins MD/MS course is required to submit a plan of thesis within three months of his/her joining the course. He/she is required to submit the final thesis after completion of 2 ½ years of his/her joining the course, and will be eligible to take the final MD/MS examination only after approval of thesis and proof of submitting for PubMed indexed journal for credit point calculation and hall ticket release. Any candidate who fails to submit his/her plan of thesis within three months with grace period of 10 days with penalty of INR 10,000 (Ten thousand Only) or fails to submit the completed thesis duly certified by the Guide (s) within the stipulated time including grace period of 30 days with penalty of INR 10,000
(Ten Thousand Only) will not be allowed to take part in the final examination, and his/her session will be extended by six months.
MD/MS Junior Residents shall be entitled to a subsidy of INR 5000/- (INR Five Thousand only) in lump sum to meet expenditure on writing the thesis. Along with the application seeking such assistance, the residents shall submit a certificate from the Dean(Academic) that the concerned resident has submitted the thesis.
34. Leaving the Course during Residency (MID – STREAM DEPARTURE)
Any candidate who discontinues the course at any time is relieved on his request for any reason; the fees once paid will not be refunded.
Penalty mentioned hereunder has to be paid for relief and return of all original certificates submitted by him/her at the time of admission irrespective of the date of counseling/date of joining.
In addition to the terms and conditions mentioned above the penalty for discontinuance of the Residency scheme contract executed by the candidate will apply for relieving the candidate. The other terms and conditions governed by CCS rules from time to time.
In addition to the penalty amount, the candidate has to give either one month notice period (or) one month salary/stipend has to be paid if he/she has to be relieved within 24 hours as detailed below:-
|Session JANUARY 2018|
|Date of mid-stream||Penalty to be paid (INR)|
|to||(Twenty Five Thousand Only) +|
|28.02.2018||One Month salary|
|to||(Two Lakhs Only) +|
|31.12.2018||(One Month Salary (OR) One Month Notice Period)|
|(Five Lakhs Only) +|
|(II, III Academic|
|(One Month Salary (OR) One Month Notice Period)|
35. KEY POINTS
- Institute is not responsible for any unforeseen events preventing the candidate from reaching the Examination Hall / Counseling and the candidate will be considered absent under such circumstances.
- The disputes if any with regard to conduct of examination, counseling process and admission process after the Entrance Examination, etc. will be subject to the legal Jurisdiction of the Union Territory of Puducherry only
- Any attempt on the part of the candidate to influence directly or indirectly by any means will be treated as disqualification.
- The selected candidates will have to undergo medical examination and the admission will be subject to medical fitness. An Immunization Certificate for Hepatitis B vaccine indicating the dates of receipt has to be submitted at the time of medical examination.
- No individual intimation will be sent to candidates who are not selected and no correspondence on this subject will be entertained.
- The decision of the Director shall be final in all matters relating to the selection for admission.
- All students admitted in the Institute shall maintain good conduct, pay the requisite tuition fees and other charges by due date, with regular attendance and abide by the rules and regulations of the Institute and Hostels, failing which they will not be permitted to continue the course. Ragging junior students will be viewed seriously and will be dealt with as per Rules.
- The period of training is strictly full time and continuous. Private practice in any form during the course is prohibited.
- The rules are subject to change in accordance with the decision of the Institute taken from time to time.
Place : Puducherry.
Dated : 11-09-2017 DEAN (ACADEMIC)
36. ANNEXURE – I
PG (MD / MS) Admission for JANUARY 2018 Session
Roster Point Allocation for Counseling
|Sl.||Roster Point||Sl.||Roster Point||Sl.||Roster Point||Sl.||Roster Point||Sl.||Roster Point|
|1||UR-1||41||SC-6||81||SC-12 / (OPH-4)||121||SC-18||161||OBC-43|
|19||OBC-5/ (OPH -1)||59||UR-21||99||SC-15||139||UR-45||179||UR-57 / (OPH-9)|
|20||SC-3||60||OBC-16/(OPH-3)||100||OBC-27 / (OPH-5)||140||SC-21 / (OPH-7)||180||SC-27|
|39||UR-15 / (OPH-2)||79||UR-27||119||OBC-32 / (OPH-6)||159||UR-52 / (OPH-8)||199||SC-30|
PROFORMA FOR OTHER BACKWARD CLASS (OBC) CERTIFICATE
(Certificate to be Produced by other Backward Classes applying for Admission to Central Educational Institutions (CEIs), Under The Government of India)
This is to certify that Shri /Smt./Kum.____________________________________Son/Daughter of Shri/Smt.______________________________ of Village/Town__________________District/Division____________________ in the
__________________________________State belongs to the _______________________Community which is recognized as a backward class under:
- Resolution No. 12011/68/93-BCC(C) dated 10/09/93 published in the Gazette of India Extraordinary part I Section I No. 186 dated 13/09/93.
- Resolution No. 12011/9/94 -BCC dated 19/10/94-BCC dated 19/10/94 published in the Gazette of India Extraordinary part I Section I No. 163 dated 20/10/94.
- Resolution No. 12011/7/95-BCC dated 24/05/95 published in the Gazette of India Extraordinary part I Section I dated 25/05/95.
- Resolution No. 12011/96/94-BCC dated 09/03/96.
- Resolution No. 12011/44/94-BCC dated 06/12/96 published in the Gazette of India Extraordinary part I Section I No. 210 dated 11/12/96.
- Resolution No. 12011/13/97-BCC dated 03/12/97.
- Resolution No. 12011/99/94-BCC dated 11/12/97.
- Resolution No. 12011/68/98-BCC dated 27/10/99.
- Resolution No. 12011/88/99-BCC dated 06/12/99 published in the Gazette of India Extraordinary Part I Section I No. 270 dated 06/12/99.
- Resolution No. 12011/36/99-BCC dated 04/04/2000 published in the Gazette of India Extraordinary Part I Section I No. 71 dated 04/04/2000.
- Resolution No. 12011/44/99-BCC dated 21/09/2000 published in the Gazette of India Extraordinary Part I Section 1 No. 210 dated 21/09/2000.
- Resolution No. 12016/09/2000-BCC dated 06/09/2001.
- Resolution No. 12011/01/2001-BCC dated 19/06/2003.
- Resolution No. 12011/04/2002-BCC dated 13/01/2004.
- Resolution No. 12011/09/2004-BCC dated 16/01/2006 published in the Gazette of India Extraordinary Part I Section I No. 210 dated 16/01/2006.
Shri/Smt./Kum. _________________________and/or his family ordinarily reside(s) in the__________________________________
District/Division of ___________________________ State.
This is also to certify that he/she does not belong to the persons/sections (Creamy Layer) mentioned in Column 3 of the Scheduled to the Government of India. Department of Personnel & Training O.M. No. 36012/22/93-Estt. (SCT ) dated 08/09/93 which is modified vide OM No. 36033/3/2004 Estt. (Res.) dated 09/03/2004 or the latest notification of the Government of India.
District Magistrate/Competent Authority Seal
- The Term Ordinarily used here will have the same meaning as in Section 20 of the Representation of the People Act, 1950.
- The authorities competent to issue Caste Certificates are indicated below:
- District Magistrate/Additional Magistrate/Collector/Deputy Commissioner/Additional Deputy Commissioner/Deputy Collector/Ist Class Stipendiary Magistrate/Sub-Divisional Magistrate/ Taluka Magistrate/Executive Magistrate/Extra Assistant Commissioner (not below the rank of Ist Class Stipendiary Magistrate.)
- Chief Presidency Magistrate/Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/Presidency Magistrate.
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar.
- Sub-Divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and/or his family resides.
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions vide their order No.36033/4/97-Estt. (RES) dated 25.7.2003 and No.36011/3/2005-Estt (RES) dated 9.9.2005 respectively.
Candidates must note that a certificate from any other person/authority will not be accepted and no further correspondence in this regard shall be entertained. The name, designation and the seal of the officer should be legible in the certificate.
FORM OF SC/ST CERTIFICATE PRESCRIBED
Form of certificate as prescribed in M.H.A., O.M., No.42/21/49-N.G.S. dated the 28.1.1952, as revised in Dept. of Per. & A.R. letter No.36012/6/76-Est. (S.C.T.), dated the 29.10.1977, to be produced by candidate belonging to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe in support of his/her claim.
This is to certify that Shri./Smt./Kum.*………………………… son/daughter* of ………………………… of village/town*
…………………………. in district/Division* of the State/Union Territory*……………….. belongs to the …………………………… Caste/Tribe which is recognised as a Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe* under:
The Constitution (Scheduled Caste) Order, 1950
The Constitution (Scheduled Tribe) Order, 1950
The Constitution (Scheduled Caste) (Union Territories) Order, 1951
The Constitution (Scheduled Tribe) (Union Territories) Order, 1951
(as amended by the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes Lists (Modification) Order, 1956, the Bombay Re-organization Act, 1960, the Punjab Re-organization Act, 1966, the State of Himachal Pradesh Act, 1970 the North Eastern Areas (Re-organization) Act, 1971 and the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes Orders (Amendment) Act, 1976).
The Constitution (Jammu and Kashmir) Scheduled Caste Order, 1956.
The Constitution (Andaman and Nicobar Islands) Scheduled Tribes Order, 1959. The Constitution (Dadra and Nagar Haveli) Scheduled Caste Order, 1962.
The Constitution (Dadra and Nagar Haveli) Scheduled Tribes Order, 1962. The Constitution (Puducherry) Scheduled Caste Order, 1964.
The Constitution (Uttar Pradesh) (Scheduled Tribes) Order, 1967. The Constitution (Goa, Daman & Diu) Scheduled Caste order, 1968. The Constitution (Goa, Daman & Diu) Scheduled Tribes Order, 1968. The Constitution (Nagaland) Scheduled Tribes Order, 1970.
The Constitution (Sikkim) Scheduled Caste Order, 1978.
The Constitution (Sikkim) Scheduled Tribes Order, 1978.
- Applicable in the case of Scheduled Caste/Schedule Tribe persons who have migrated from one State/Union Territory Administration:
This certificate is issued on the basis of the Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe certificate issued to Shri/Smt*………………………… father/mother
of Shri/Smt/Kum*………………….. of village/town* in District/Division* …………………………. of the State/Union Territory*
…………………….. who belongs to the caste/tribe which is recognised as a Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe* in the State/Union Territory*
………………….. issued by the (name of prescribed authority) vide their No………………. date ……………………
Shri*/Smt*/Kum*………………….. and/or his/her* family ordinary reside(s) in village/ town*…………………. of the State/Union Territory of
Place ……………………….. **Designation ……………….……
Date ………………………. State/Union Territory (With seal of Office)
* Please delete the words which are not applicable.
please quote specific Presidential Order. Delete the paragraph which is not applicable. Should be signed by the Authorities empowered to issue Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe certificates as specified above.
|FORMAT OF SPONSORSHIP CERTIFICATE|
|(Applicable only in case of candidates who are sponsored / deputed)|
|This is to||certify that Dr. …………………………………………………………………………. son/daughter of Shri.|
|…………………………………………………………………………||is a permanent/ regular employee of the Govt. Dept./ Medical|
|College since ……………………………||and has at least Three Years of Regular/Permanent service on or before 31st|
Decenber 2017 for January 2018 session.
Please tick on the type of Institution / Department sponsoring / deputing the candidate:
- Central Government
- State Government
- Autonomous Body of Central Government
- Autonomous Body of State Government
- Public Sector Undertaking
- Medical College/Hospital affiliated to a University and recognized by Medical Council of India
Certified that if selected for the course applied for by the applicant, he/she will be suitably employed by us after the completion of his/her training course to work for at least five years in the specialty in which the training is received by him/her at JIPMER, Puducherry.
Certified that no financial implication in the form of emoluments / stipend etc. will devolve upon JIPMER,
Puducherry during the entire period of applicant’s course. Such payment will be the responsibility of sponsoring / deputing authority.
Date ……………………….. Signature of sponsoring/deputing
Place …………………………. Authority / employer
Name in Full:
Designation & Official seal:
Note: Sponsorship from Private Hospital/Institute/ Nursing Homes, etc. is NOT accepted
40. ON LINE APPLICATION USER INTERFACE
Entering of Candidate Details