St. John’s Medical College ranks among the most prestigious medical educational institutions in the country. It was established in 1963 by the Catholic Bishop’s Conference of India. The institute is located in a sprawling 132-acre Koramangala campus in Bangalore, Karnataka. It was accorded with a 5-star grading by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) and a Review Committee of the University Grants Commission (UGC).
St. John’s Medical College offers graduate, postgraduate, diploma and super specialty degrees recognized by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS), Bangalore, KA. Around 900 students currently undergo training in various Medicine and Paramedical courses offered by the institute. The institute also has its own entrance exam as per a Supreme Court ruling. St. John’s Medical College was ranked 14 among medical colleges in India in 2017 by India Today and 4th in India by Outlook India. It was ranked 3rd among top private medical colleges in India in 2017 by Careers360 in the same year.
- MBBS and MD/ MS candidates must apply through KEA counselling after qualifying NEET and PGET respectively.
- Candidates applying for B.Sc., BPT, M.Sc., PG Diploma, Super-Specialty and DNB programs must take the Entrance Exam conducted by St. John’s Medical College by applying through the institute admission process.
- Applications for the St. John’s Entrance Exam can be submitted by contacting the institute.
- Diploma holders fulfilling the eligibility conditions specified in the ordinance of Allied Health Science Courses are eligible for Lateral Entry to the B.Sc. programs.
- Candidates who have cleared the MBBS program within not more than two additional years than minimum duration are eligible for the MD/ MS programs.
- PG candidates must not be over 45 years of age (relaxed for scheduled caste/ tribe candidates by three years).
- MBBS and MD/ MS candidates are selected through KEA counselling.
- Candidates for B.Sc., M.Sc., BPT, and other PG programs are selected on the basis of marks obtained in St. John’s Entrance Exam.
- The institute reserves seat for eligible candidates as per KEA and Karnataka State Govt. norms.
COURSES AND FEES
|YEAR 1||YEAR 2||YEAR 3||YEAR 4||YEAR 5||PROGRAM GRAND TOTAL|
Usually, the minimum eligibility for the course is 10+2 with subjects with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. English is also a mandatory subject for eligibility in many of the universities and colleges. However, AIIMS requires an aggregate of 60% for the general category candidates and 50% for SC/ST candidates.
Also, along with these prerequisites, certain universities like Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi limits the age of the candidates ranging between 17 and 25. While, on the other hand, AIIMS has set the lower limit to be 17 years of age for any candidate to apply for the course.
|YEAR 1||YEAR 2||PROGRAM GRAND TOTAL|
Candidates having qualified for the M.B.B.S Degree from any University recognised by the Medical Council of India and should have satisfactorily completed the Rotating Compulsory Internship of one year before the starting of the courses, and registered with the Indian Medical Council and thereafter preferably served in India for a period of at least TWO years in medically underserved areas, recognised as such by this Institution are eligible to apply for the Post graduate Degree and Diploma courses.
A person can apply for any three degree courses. In specialities with both P.G degree & diploma, a single appplication for the subject can be made. Allotment of degree/diploma seats will be according to the final merit list.
Special consideration will be given to alumni of St. John’s Medical College who have served in medically underserved areas and underprivileged people, recognised as such by the College.
|YEAR 1||YEAR 2||PROGRAM GRAND TOTAL|
Graduation and a bachelors degree in Medicine (MBBS) from any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India. A Relaxation of 5% aggregate is there for SC/ST candidates.