G.S.V.M. Medical College, Kanpur was established in 1955 and its foundation stone was laid down by hon’ble Dr. Rajendra Prasad, the first President of India. The College was known for its academic excellence world over, is named after late Shri Ganesh Shankar Vidyarthi. This was the first medical college of U.P. established in independent India, forming a landmark in the annals of medical education in the state of U.P. The college was affiliated to Lucknow University and latter in 1968, when Kanpur University was established, the college was affiliated to it.

G S V M (Ganesh Shankar Vidyarthi Memorial Medical College) is a medical college in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh. The college is named after Ganesh Shankar Vidyarthi, a great freedom fighter and journalist from Kanpur. The college has a large and distinguished faculty to support its missions of education, research, and clinical care. It is ranked 4th among all the medical colleges in India. The college has served as the model for Indian medical colleges since its foundation in 1956. It is accredited to the Medical council of India.

Today, the college has become a focus point for all those students who want to become a doctor or nurse in their distant future. G S V M Medical College is known for providing a wide range of under graduate and post graduate medical courses that are given below  :
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
Doctor of Medicine in General Medicine
Post Graduate Diploma in Nursing
Doctor of Medicine in Forensic Medicine
Doctor of Medicine in Psychiatry
Doctor of Medicine in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Doctor of Medicine in Paediatrics
Doctor of Medicine in Anasthesia
Doctor of Medicine in Dermatology
Doctor of Medicine in Radiodiagnosis & Imaging
Doctor of Medicine in Community Medicine
Doctor of Medicine in Pathology
Doctor of Medicine in Physiology

G.S.V.M. Medical College is situated in the heart of the historic & industrial city of kanpur. The city of Kanpur is embraced by our most holy river ‘Ganga’ from two sides, northwest (Kalyanpur) and northeast (Jajmau). In the British period our city was known as Cawnpore. It has a special place in Hindu mythology. Institute’s Bithoor area is famous from Ramayana era. Presently the Kanpur city is famous for industrial organization and educational institutes.

TNEA 2018



A student is eligible for entry to the course after clearing the 12th class (Intermediate) examination. Admission are made through U.P. State Combined Pre Medical Test (CPMT) conducted by Director General Medical Education and Training, U.P. for 85% seats and All India Medical Entrance Examination (CBSE Examination) for the remaining 15% seats. 3 seats are reserved for nominee of government of other states. Reservation of seats for scheduled caste/tribes and other backward classes are made according to state government guidelines.


This Medical College has a sprawling campus with hospital and college sections accommodated in huge buildings. The main college building looks like a huge palace and is the biggest amongst all medical colleges in U.P. The main hospital (L.L.R Hospital) along with its sister units e.g., Chest hospital, Infectious disease hospital, Children hospital, Maternity hospital, Cancer institute and Cardiology institute, constitute the biggest patient care centre in Asia.


G S V M Medical College Courses offered

  • Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
  • Doctor of Medicine (M D) in Anesthesiology
  • Doctor of Medicine in Community Medicine
  • Doctor of Medicine in Forensic Medicine
  • Diploma in Pharmacy

Receive latest news and updates about GSVM Medial College, Kanpur through e-mail or Sms, by entering your details below:


Uttar Pradesh,
Ph : 0512- 2535483, 2535881
About (3818 Articles) is a growing career guide portals in the web. We are providing the correct and quality information in one pool.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: