ISI Admission Test 2018 Application Form can be filled by candidates in the month of January 2018. ISI takes students on the basis of admission test and the interview taken after the admission test. Some courses are also filled using other National Level exam scores.
- Candidates interested in taking admission in the prestigious institute can fill ISI 2018 Admission Test form online on ISI Kolkata website.
- The official website to fill the application form is www.isical.ac.in
- Students willing to gain entry in PG Diploma in Statistical Methods and Analytics have to fill the form offline.
- Students who have won medals in Indian National mathematics Olympiad are exempted from ISI 2018 admission test. Such candidates have to fill the form, although.
- ISI admission test is usually conducted in May month of every year.
- ISI admission test application forms are made on the mentioned website available in February.
- Steps for ISI admission test 2018 application procedure are- Registration, Filling the form, Uploading photos and fee payment.
- The application fee can be paid in both offline and online mode.
Through ISI Admission Test, admissions are offered at Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) Kolkata, Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Tezpur and Giridh. The courses offered at the campuses are B.Stat (Hons), Bachelor of Mathematics (Honours), M.Math, Master of Science in Quantitative Economics, Master of Technology in Computer Science and Postgraduate Diploma in Statistical Methods & Analytics or Computer Application.
Get Latest Admission Updates About ISI Admission 2018 Through Email or Sms, By Entering Your Details Below :
ISI 2018 Admission Test Dates
From applying for ISI admission test to get admission into the institute is a long process. Candidates should be well aware about the closing dates for certain events. They should know the dates of important proceedings regarding the admission entrance examination.
ISI 2018 Admission Test important dates are given below:
|Notification about ISI Admission Test 2018||January 2018|
|ISI Admission application form filling starts||Second week of February 2018|
|Last date for submission of the form||Mid-March 2018|
|Last date to pay application fees||March 2018|
|Release of admit card/hall ticket||First Week of April 2018|
|Date of the examination||Second Week of May 2018|
|Declaration of Results||June 2018|
Eligibility for ISI Admission Test 2018
Various courses in the institute are offered on the basis of ISI admission test. There is a separate eligibility criteria for each course. The eligibility for various courses are given below:
For B.Stat (Hons): Successful completion of Higher Secondary (10+2) or equivalent examination with Mathematics and English as the subjects.
For 3-year B.Math (Hons): Candidates should have passed the Higher Secondary (10+2) exam with Mathematics and English.
NOTE: For the above two programmes, eligible Indian National Mathematical Olympiad (INMO) Awardees of any previous year need not sit for ISI Admission Test. Such contestants would be directly called for interview but are required to apply in the prescribed application form like all other applicants.
For 2-year M.Stat: Student must have a 3-year Bachelor’s degree with Statistics as a full subject, or a B Stat/B Math Degree/PG Diploma in Statistical Methods and Analytics from an ISI.
For M.Math course: In order to be qualified for admission into this programme, an claimant must have:
- A three year Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics subject
- An engineering degree with Mathematics as a subject, or
- A B.Stat degree from ISI
For M.Tech in Computer Science: To apply for this course, candidate must have any of these two:
- A Master’s degree in Mathematics/ Statistics/ Physics/ Electronic Science/ Computer Science
- An Undergraduate Engineering degree or any other qualiﬁcation considered equivalent (such as AMIE or GRAD-IETE Level).
For Postgraduate Diploma in Statistical Methods and Analytics: Candidates must possess
- A domicile certiﬁcate of North-Eastern states from a recognised authority
- A three-year Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with Mathematics as a subject.
How to Apply for ISI Admission Test 2018?
Students after checking the eligibility criteria for ISI Admission test can fill the application form online. The official website for filling the form is ISI Kolkata’s website- www.isical.ac.in.
Steps for filling the Application form are given below:
- First of all, candidates have to follow the link given above to apply for the test.
- Candidates need to register on the official site.
- A Log ID and a password are created for candidate; it is sent to his/her Email ID.
- After gaining the ID and password, candidates have to log into the website using the credentials.
2. Filling the form:
- Following the log in, students have to fill their details in the application form.
- First, personal details are asked. Then, candidates have to fill their qualification information and contact details.
- Carefully filled application should be submitted by clicking the ‘Submit’ button.
3. Uploading the images:
- Applicants must upload the scanned copies of the photograph and signature in the requisite formats in the online application form of ISI Admission Test 2018.
- The images should be in JPEG/JPG or PNG formats only.
- The next step after uploading the documents is fee payment.
4. Payment of application fees:
There are two ways to pay the fee- online and offline.
- Online fee payment must be completed after 2 days of the application form submission.
- For online payment, the application fee is collected through the State Bank of India Collect website.
- The sum can also be paid using Net Banking, Debit/ Credit Card.
- Students receive a registration number and transaction ID through SMS on their registered mobile number after the registration is successful for ISI Admission Test 2018.
- After filling the form and uploading the images if candidate chooses offline mode of payment, an E-challan is generated.
- Students have to download the E-Challan and take a print out of the challan.
- The fee can be paid in cash at any SBI branch.
- For payment of application fee, please let at least TWO days from the date of completion of application at ISI 2018 Admission Portal.
Applying for PG diploma in Statistical Methods and Analytics
Students willing to enter this course cannot fill the online form. They have to buy ISI 2018 Application Form. The ways to buy the form are:
- Paying the submission fee in cash at the ofﬁce of Indian Statistical Institute, Tezpur University Campus, Tezpur. The timings are from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on all working days.
- One can also send a Demand Draft by post in favour of “ISI NORTH EAST CENTRE” payable at Tezpur, Assam from any national bank. The DD must include a supplementary postal charge of INR 60.
The finalised form for this PG Diploma programme must then be sent to this address:
The Head, Admissions 2018, Indian Statistical Institute,
North-East Centre, Tezpur University Campus,
Tezpur, Assam 784028
Details in Application Form
|Details asked||How to fill|
|Name||Enter your full name|
|Father’s name||Enter your Father’s full name|
|Gender||Choose your gender|
|Date of Birth||Fill your birth date|
|Email ID||Enter a valid Email ID|
|Phone Number||Enter you contact number|
|Nationality||Indian or other|
|Course applying for||Choose a course form the list|
|State of Eligibility||State from which you have passed 12th standard|
|Name of Institution||Name of the school from which you passed Class XII|
|Name of the Board||Name of your Board in Class 12|
|Year of Passing||Year in which you studied Class XII|
|UG degree||Enter your undergraduate degree|
|Year of passing UG||Year in which you completed Bachelor’s degree|
|Marks obtained in UG course||Enter the marks or percentage of your course|
|Uploading documents||Upload your photo, signature and finger impression in JPG/PNG format|
|Size of Documents||Photo<50 KB and Sign<30 KB|
ISI Admission Test 2018 Application Form Correction
There is no provision for correction in the application form. Once submitted, the details filled cannot be modified or updated. No time is given by ISI authority for updating or correcting the information. In case there is any error or discrepancy, candidate should contact the concerned body immediately. The details are given below:
Indian Statistical Institute,
203 Barrackpore Trunk Road,
Phone: 25752500 (Admissions)