- The NIFT 2018 counselling would generally happen in the month of June 2018.
- If the candidates have fulfilled the eligibility criteria, they would be allowed for appearing in NIFT Entrance Exam 2018. If the candidates get successfully qualified in the NIFT Entrance exam, they would be called for NIFT Counselling.
- NIFT Counselling would be based on the rank secured by the candidates in the NIFT Entrance Exam.
- The candidates have to bring their original documents during the NIFT Counselling.
- If the applicants fail to bring the required documents and certificates to the NIFT Counselling their admission would be cancelled.
- Also, note that the applicants are not allowed to bring the downloaded mark sheets and certificates to NIFT Counselling session.
- The shortlisted applicants can log in to the NIFT official website and check their counselling dates.
- For obtaining the counselling dates, the applicant must register himself or herself at the official of NIFT.
NIFT Group Discussions:
- Those candidates who will be shortlisted for Master’s Program in NIFT from the written entrance examination are required to attend the case study based Group Discussions and Personal Interview.
- It is a part of the NIFT Counselling process.
- The time duration of NIFT group discussions would be from 15 to 20 minutes.
- NIFT Group discussions are conducted to shortlist the deserving candidates.
Get Latest Admission Updates About NIFT 2018 Through Email or Sms, By Entering Your Details Below :
The parameters for Group Discussion are:
- Good communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Creativity and ability to innovate new ideas
- Problem-solving approach
- Leadership qualities
- Conceptual clarity
NIFT Personal Interview:
After the group discussion round, the candidates will be examined on the below-listed parameters in the Personal Interview:
- Aptness for the course
- Creative and lateral thinking
Document Check-list for NIFT Counselling:
The mandatory documents to be carried for NIFT 2018 Counselling are mentioned below. Candidates are also advised to bring the scanned copies of the original certificates in a CD or pen drive for uploading on NIFT server during the NIFT Counselling Process.
- Original certificates of qualifying examination i.e. 12th class/degree (Mark Sheet and Certificate).
- For admission to PG courses, a candidate should bring the original certificate (Mark Sheet and Certificate) of the qualifying degree examination to the NIFT Counselling 2018.
- If the candidate has appeared in final semester/ final year (as applicable), he/she has to bring the original mark sheet of all the previous semester/years to the NIFT Counselling 2018.
- If a candidate has appeared for qualifying exam/compartment (of final year/semester) and the result is due, the date sheet /admit card for examination has to be brought during the counselling.
- Bank Draft(s) of requisite fee in favour of “NIFT HO”. (Name of the candidate, date of counselling, phone/ mobile no., the name of the program, Category, Rank and Roll Number are to be mentioned at the back of Bank Draft(s).
- Date of Birth Proof (Secondary School Mark Sheet & Certificate) in Original and Photocopy.
- Reserved category candidates (SC/ST/OBC – Non-Creamy/Physically Handicapped) have to submit the requisite certificates. For State Domicile seats, the status of domicile is decided by the address of school/college last attended, whichever applicable, has to be submitted during NIFT 2018 counselling.
- Income Tax Return of 2017-2018 or salary certificate of March 2018 has to be submitted for tuition fee waiver scheme.
- Certificate of Medical Fitness signed by a Registered Medical Practitioner in the prescribed format in original must be produced during NIFT 2018 counselling.
- In case the result of qualifying examination is yet to be declared then the applicant should bring an affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper costing Rs.10/- for seeking provisional admission.
- An undertaking regarding Anti-Ragging.
- An undertaking regarding refund of fees