NDA (National Defence Academy) entrance test will be conducted by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) for the recruitment of the candidates in all three armed forces of the country, viz. Indian Army, Indian Navy and Indian Air Force. NDA 2018 Results will be published in two stages, viz. written exam result and the final result. It will be declared on April 2018 and September 2018 for the examination held twice a year.
NDA 2018 Application Form submission will be over in the month of January and June for both the sessions. After the result of the written exam, candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of merit for the SSB (Service Selection Board) round. The final result will include the total marks of the candidates which will be announced in June 2018. All candidates who have appeared in the exam can check the result on the official website of UPSC, http://www.upsc.gov.in.
UPSC will announce the result for NDA 2018 in the following stages:
- Written Test
- Services Selection Board (SSB) Interview
- Medical Screening
- Final Merit List
Get Latest Admission Updates About NDA 2018 Through Email or Sms, By Entering Your Details Below :
Dates for NDA 2018 Result
|Written Examination Date||April 23, 2018||September 10, 2018|
|Written Examination Result Date||June, 2018||October, 2018|
|Interview Call Letter and allotment of SSB Centers Dates||September/October||To be notified|
|Final Merit List Declaration Date||To be notified||To be notified|
How to check NDA 2018 Result?
NDA 2018 Result will be declared one month after the conduction of the examination. It will be displayed in the .pdf format on the official website of NDA, www.nda.nic.in from which candidates can check their result.
Candidates must take the printout of the result and keep it safe with them for further use. Result for NDA 2018 written test and Selection process (SSB) shall be declared separately.
The following procedure is to be followed at the time of downloading the result of NDA examination 2018.
- Visit the official link of UPSC,
- Search for the link provided for “NDA exam 2018 result/cut-off public merit list”.
- Click on the link and enter your registration detail.
- Submit after filling the requisite details and the result will be displayed on the screen.
- The result will be displayed in the PDF format, which will contain the roll no. of candidates will be qualified.
- Candidates are required to take the print out of the result and keep safe for future use.
Important Points Regarding NDA 2018 Result
- All the candidates whose roll number is listed in the result file are provisionally considered as selected. Their candidature can be cancelled at any stage of the recruitment process for violation of rules.
- At the SSB interview, the candidates are required to submit their original certificates of age, educational qualification, and categorical reservation claim.
- Detailed marks would be made available on the UPSC’s website within 15 days of the announcement of the final results after the conduct of the SSB Interviews.
Details on NDA 2018 Score Card
Candidates need to view NDA Score Card 2018 via online mode. No result copies will be sent through post. The merit list of the candidates will be prepared based on the score in the written test.
Candidates have to check all the details carefully after downloading the NDA Rank Card 2018. NDA Rank Card consists of the following details.
- Candidate’s Name
- Roll number
- NDA 2018 Exam Score
Normalization of Score Card
The normalization process is based on a simple formula and depends on few parameters. The exam organizing committee arrives at the following formula for calculating the normalized marks for the multi session papers.
Normalization mark of jth candidate in the ith session M̂ij
Mij:actual marks secured by the jth candidate in the ith sessions
M̅gt:average marks of the top 0.1% of the candidates considering all sessions
Mgq: sum of mean and standard deviation marks of the candidates in the paper considering all sessions
M̅ti:average marks of the top 0.1% of the candidates in the ith sessions
Miq:sum of the mean marks and standard deviation of the ith session
Once the answers are checked and assessed, the normalized marks of a candidate will be calculated corresponding to the actual marks secured by the candidate in the examination and the Score card will be devised based on the normalized marks.
Calculation of Score
The procedure to calculate the score based on the marking scheme of the exam is given below:
- For each correct answer in General Ability Test, candidate will score 4 marks.
- For each correct answer Mathematics, candidate will score 2.5 marks.
- For each incorrect answer 0.33 marks will be deducted.
Calculation of marks as per sections
|Sections||Calculation of score|
|GAT||Total number of correct answers (x 4)– Total number of incorrect answers (x 0.33)|
|Mathematics||Total number of correct answers (x 2.5)– Total number of incorrect answers (x 0.33)|
Calculation of score through NDA Mathematics Answer Key
Candidates after verifying the correct and incorrect answers can calculate their estimated score of the exam. The procedure to calculate the score is given below.
|Total number of questions in Mathematics||120|
|Marks allotted per questions||2.5|
|Negative marks for incorrect answer||0.33|
|Total marks||Number of correct answers x 2.5– Number of incorrect answers x 0.33|
For example in Mathematics:
If the candidate attempts 90 questions and 20 are incorrect the according to the formula:
Candidate will score:
90*2.5 – 20*0.33 = 218.4
NDA 2018 Answer Key
UPSC will release the answer key of NDA after the declaration of final result. This will help the candidates to check the correct answers of the questions asked from the subject and also to predict the scores they will get in the actual exam.
How to Download NDA 2017 Answer Key?
NDA 2018 Answer Key will be provided in a .pdf file. Candidates can download the .pdf file through the procedure given below:
- Click on the links given below for all sets.
- The file will open in a new window.
- Download the NDA answer key 2018 and save the file.
Candidates can check the answer key by clicking on the links given below their respective sets.
NDA 2018 Merit List
The final merit list will be disclosed based on the total marks scored by the candidates in written examination and Service Selection Board (SSB) Test in three separate lists:
- Army and the Navy
- Air force
- Executive course at the Naval Academy
Three separate merit lists will be formed and disclosed comprising the name of the candidates who have qualified for various services of NDA 2018.
The marks obtained in the three stages viz. written examination, SSB Interview, and Medical Screening will be considered while preparing the final NDA Result 2018 which is expected to be declared by UPSC in the month of February 2018.
Service Selection Board (SSB) result will be declared after the result of written test. Candidates who qualify the written test will be called for the SSB Counselling Process.
NDA 2018 Cut Off
Candidates needs to secure a minimum mark to pass the written test and eligible for next round of selection procedure i.e. SSB interview. NDA 2018 Cut Off will be decided by examination authority Union Public Service Commission after the declaration of final result.
Applicability of NDA Cut off
NDA cutoff will be applied in the following stages:
- Minimum Qualifying Standard approved at the written stage (out of 900 marks)
- Marks secured by the last finally recommended candidate (out of 1800 marks)
NDA Cut off will depend on the following factors:
- Number of seats
- Number of candidates appeared for the exam
- Level of difficulty
- The level of competition
NDA (I) Expected Cut off 2018
|Serial No||Subjects||Expected Cutoff marks||Maximum Marks|
|1||General Ability Test||370-410||600|
Previous Years’ Cut-Off for NDA (I):
|Year||NDA-1 (Max Marks:900)|
- Candidates will have to secure the minimum qualifying marks in objective type exam to qualify the SSB Interview
- SSB test is the final level of selection process for admission to the various defence academies
- The Mathematics Paper which is Paper-I will carry 300 marks
- The General Ability Test which is Paper-II will carry 600 marks
- Minimum Qualifying marks will be fixed by the Commission
Components of NDA Result 2018
UPSC will announce the result for NDA I exam 2018 in the following stages:
- Publication of NDA- I Written Examination Result: UPSC will prepare the list of candidates who have obtained the minimum qualifying marks in the written examination as decided by the Commission. Roll number of candidates will be mentioned in the result sheets who have qualified for SSB Interview.
- Services Selection Board (SSB) Interview: The candidate will have to undergo five-day interview procedure at the allotted SSB centers. The date, time and venue for SSB interview will be intimated to the candidates through the call letter.
- Medical Screening: Once the interview is complete, the candidates will be sent to for the complete medical examination at the command hospitals.
- Final Merit List: The marks obtained in the three stages viz. written examination, SSB Interview, and Medical Screening will be considered while preparing the final NDA Result 2018 which is expected to be declared by UPSC in the month of February 2018.
NDA 2018 Counselling
Counselling is the last process of selection through which the candidates get selected. This is scheduled after the result is declared. Candidates need to bring the original documents for verification along with them on the day of counselling.
Candidates will be called for the counselling according to the marks and the rank they have secured in the exam.
All candidates need to carry the documents mentioned below for the counselling for verification. All original documents should be carried and one attested copy of each document must be carried along for submission.