JEE Main is the entrance exam for most of the engineering colleges across the country. Every year around 16 lakh students appear for JEE Main. All the NIT and IIIT’s accept JEE Main score for student intake. This is one of the most famous entrance exam in India. A vast majority of students find JEE Main to be vast and tough. Every year the number of students appearing for JEE Main is increasing which also increases the competition. It is needless to say that clearing JEE Main requires determination, consistency and planning.
|Release of Notification||3rd week of Nov 2017|
|Online Application Form Starts||1st week of Dec 2017|
|Facility of Correcting Images||2nd week of Dec 2017|
|Closing Date of Online Application Form||1st week of Jan 2018|
|Last Date of Fee Payment||1st week of Jan 2018|
|Opening of Application Form Correction Window||2nd half of Jan 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card||2nd week of Mar 2018|
|Pen & Paper Based Test Date for offline exam||1st week of Apr 2018|
|Computer Based Test Date||2nd week of Apr 2018|
|Answer Key & OMR Sheet Availability||3rd week of Apr 2018|
|Declaration of Result (Score & Rank)||4th week of Apr 2018|
Get Latest Admission Updates About JEE Main 2018 Through Email or Sms, By Entering Your Details Below :
JEE Main 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates should be born on or after 1st October 1993.
- Date of Birth will be considered as mentioned in secondary education board certificate.
- 5 years relaxation i.e. DOB falls on or after 1st October 1988 shall be provided in the upper age limit for SC/ST & PWD candidates.
- Passed the 12th examination/qualifying examination with 5 subjects and must be passed/appearing with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
- Candidates have to secure the passing marks.
- There is no minimum marks requirement in the 12th examination for writing the JEE Main exam.
- Those who have appeared and passed the higher secondary examination in 2016 and 2017 are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates appearing the final examination of 12th in 2018 can also fill the JEE Main application form.
- Diploma holders may also apply for JEE Main 2018 but only eligible for admission to IITs.
- Diploma holders will be eligible for JEE Main so that they can further apply for JEE Advanced but not eligible for admission on the basis of JEE Main scores.
Number of Attempts:
- 3 attempts will be given for clearing the JEE Main.
- JEE Advanced can be attempted maximum 2 times in consecutive years.
Eligibility For Admission in IITs, NITs, CFTIs:
- Candidates should have obtained 75% marks (for SC/ST will be 65%) in 12th examination or must be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th examination of respective boards.