CAT 2018 is also known as Common Admission Test. It is a national level examination administrated by the IIMs (Indian Institutes of Management) on rotation basis. CAT exam is a management aptitude test organized for providing admission to students in postgraduate management programmes (MBA). For admission into IIMs, it is mandatory to qualify the CAT exam. Various reputed colleges other than IIMs also consider the CAT score for offering admission. Here we are providing details about CAT 2018 exam, including notification, registration, eligibility criteria, syllabus, etc.
CAT Exam Dates
The tentative dates of CAT 2018 examination are mentioned below:
|Advertisement released||Last week of July 2018|
|Online registration starts||2nd week of August 2018|
|Last date for registration||Last week of September 2018|
|Admit card release date||4th week of October 2018|
|Exam date||1st week of December 2018|
|Result announcement||2nd week of January 2019|
Get Latest Admission Updates About CAT 2018 Through Email or Sms, By Entering Your Details Below :
CAT Registration 2018
- Candidates can register for this exam via online mode through the website.
- CAT Application Form 2018 will be released from the second week of August 2018.
- Go through the official website of CAT (link will be provided above).
- Enter your registration details and register yourself.
- A User ID and Password will be generated after registration.
- Fill all the required details like personal, academic, programmes & other relevant details.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph, signature & other required documents.
- Candidates are required to pay the application fee through online mode only.
- Don’t forget to take printout of the application form for further use.
- Students must have a bachelor’s degree in any stream from any recognized college or university and must have secured minimum 50% marks (45% marks in case of SC, ST and PwD candidates).
- Candidates who have completed the degree requirements and waiting for the result or who are appearing in the final year of the qualifying exam are also eligible to apply.
- CA/CS/ICWA professional degree holders are also eligible to apply.
- The fee payment can be done through debit/credit card & net banking.
- The application fee will be Rs.850/- for SC/ST /PWD candidates.
- The application fee will be Rs. 1700/- for General / NC-OBC candidates.
- The additional charges have been mentioned below:
|Payment Mode||Transaction Processing Fees|
|Credit Card (Amex/Diners Club)||2.85% of the value of the transaction.|
|Credit Card (Visa/Master)||1.20% of the value of the transaction.|
|Debit Card (Visa/Master/Rupay)||1.00% of the value of the transaction for amount more than Rs.2000.00.|
|Debit Card (Visa/Master/Rupay)||0.75% of the value of the transaction for amount up to Rs.2000.00.|
|Cash Card & Wallet||1.75% of the value of the transaction.|
|Net Banking||Rs.20.00 per transaction.|
CAT 2018: Exam Pattern
- Exam Mode: This exam will be organized on digital or Computer Based Test (CBT).
- Type of Question: The questions will be multiple choice type and subjective type.
- Exam Duration: 60 minutes duration has been allotted to complete each section. The total exam duration will be 180 minutes.
- of Question: The question paper will comprise of total 100 questions.
- Marking Scheme: Three marks will be awarded for each correct answer and one mark will be deducted for a wrong answer and for questions other than MCQs no marks will be deducted.
|Section||No. of Question||Duration||Total Marks|
|Quantitative Ability||34||60 Min||102|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||34||60 Min||102|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||32||60 Min||96|
- The Admit Card will be provided to students through online mode.
- Only those candidates who have successfully submitted their online application form will be able to get the admit card.
- The admit card will contain details like Name of the candidate, Test date, User ID / Registration Number, PWD status, etc.
- Candidates can download the CAT hall ticket by entering their User ID and Password.
- It is mandatory to bring the admit card at the examination centre on the day of the examination.
- Candidates can view their score through the login window on the official website.
- Candidates can check the CAT 2018 Result in the second week of January 2019.
- The authority may also intimate about the result to candidates individually.
- CAT score card will be made available via online mode through the website.
- Candidates are advised to take printout of the result for further use.
- CAT answer key will be published within a week after the examination.
- Through answer key, candidates can have an idea about their performance in the examination.
- The answer key will contain the correct answers of the questions asked in the CAT examination.
- Students can get the answer key via online mode through the website.
- Students will get admission in various IIMs on the basis of cut-off.
- CAT cut-off will be released after the declaration of result.
- CAT Cut-off will depend upon the various terms like number of students, seats availability, exam difficulty, etc.
- Cut-off will be published separately for various categories like NC-OBC, ST, ST and DA/PwD.
The applicants will be shortlisted on the basis of CAT 2018 cut off marks, IIMs and numerous b-schools. The shortlisted applicants will be called for personal interview (PI), group discussions (GD) and written ability test (WAT).
The admissions will be provided on the basis of overall performance of the applicants in CAT 2018, DG, PI & WAT. The applicants’ academic records and work experience (if any) will also be considered to provide admissions.
- CAT counselling 2018 will be started after the result announcement.
- Admission will be done as per the cut-off released by the IIMs.
- Each IIM consider their own procedures & eligibility for providing admissions.
- For admission candidates have to go through various rounds like Group Discussion (GD), Personal Interview (PI) and Written Ability Test (WAT).
- Admission will be done as per the candidate’s performance in the CAT exam & Interview organized by IIMs.
- Candidates may attempt the mock test to understand the syllabus and exam pattern.
- Questions will be asked from the above mentioned topics.
- There is not any such fixed syllabus for CAT examination.
- To score better in the examination, students are advised to consider the whole syllabus for exam preparations.
- The syllabus comprises of four sections, i.e. Data Interpretation, Verbal Ability & English, Logical Reasoning and Quantitative Ability or Mathematics.
CAT 2018: Important Points
- The registration will be started from the second week of August 2018.
- Payment can be done through online mode only.
- There is not any upper or lower age limit is prescribed for CAT exam.
- Students must have secured 50% marks for general and 45% marks in case of SC, ST and PwD students.
- The application fee is Rs. 1700/- for General / NC-OBC and Rs.850/- for SC/ST /PWD candidates.
- You can check the syllabus from the above given section.
- If forgotten the password you should go through the Existing User login window and click on the “Forgot Password” option.
- You can check the exam pattern section given above in the article.