CAT 2018: CAT is a national level online test conducted for admission to MBA/ PGDM in IIMs and top business schools of India. CAT (Common Admission Test) is conducted annually on rotational basis by Indian Institute of Management. CAT 2018 will be organised by IIM Delhi. The official notification is expected to be released in the month of July 2017.
CAT 2018 will be held in December 2017. The minimum eligibility criteria for CAT 2018 is graduation with minimum 50% marks and 5% of relaxation is given to the candidates belonging to SC/ST category.
CAT 2018 Registration will begin in August 2017. Since CAT Registration is an online process, thus do not send a hard copy of the CAT Application Form. The number of applicants that applied for CAT Exam last year was 2, 32, 434.
As per the analysis of last two years in CAT Exam Pattern, there is no change in the paper pattern. The paper will have 100 questions both MCQs and Non-MCQs. Questions will most likely be covering the sections- Verbal Reasoning (34), Quantitative Ability (34) and Data Interpretation (32).
CAT Result will be announced in the month of January 2018. Once the result is declared, candidates can start applying to colleges as per the Cut Off. CAT Cut Off is accepted by 20 IIMs and over 150 top private and public colleges for admission to MBA and PGDM programs. Post declaration of result, CAT Selection Process will commence for the admissions. Qualifying candidates will then appear in Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
CAT 2018: Exam Pattern
- Exam Mode: This exam will be organized on digital or Computer Based Test (CBT).
- Type of Question: The questions will be multiple choice type and subjective type.
- Exam Duration: 60 minutes duration has been allotted to complete each section. The total exam duration will be 180 minutes.
- of Question: The question paper will comprise of total 100 questions.
- Marking Scheme: Three marks will be awarded for each correct answer and one mark will be deducted for a wrong answer and for questions other than MCQs no marks will be deducted.
CAT exam is a computer-based test and it majorly consists of 3 sections- Quantitative Ability, Verbal & Reading Comprehension, and Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning. CAT 2018 is a 3-hour duration exam and 1-hour is assigned to each section.
The paper will have 100 questions of both MCQ and Non-MCQ nature. For every correct answer, a candidate will be awarded 3 marks and 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
|Section||No. of Question||Duration||Total Marks|
|Quantitative Ability||34||60 Min||102|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||34||60 Min||102|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||32||60 Min||96|
Get Latest Admission Updates About CAT 2018 Through Email or Sms, By Entering Your Details Below :
CAT 2018 Syllabus
CAT exam 2018 consists of 3 sections namely Verbal and Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning and Quantitative Ability. Each section is further divided into multitude of topics. The topics covered in each section for CAT exam syllabus is detailed below:
|Verbal and Reading Comprehension||Verbal Reasoning, Antonyms and Synonyms, Sentence Correction, Critical Reasoning, Fill in the Blanks, Syllogism, Analogies, Idioms|
|Data Interpretation||Area Graph, Line Graph, Charts (Columns, Bar, Pie), Tables, Venn Diagrams|
|Logical Reasoning||Clocks and Calendars, Directions, Binary Logic, Coding-Decoding, Blood Relations, Linear and Matrix Arrangement, Syllogism|
|Quantitative Ability||Number System, Geometry, Simple and Compound Interest, Profit and Loss, Quadratic & Linear Equation, Algebra, Permutation and Combination, Ratio & Proportion, Time & Work, Trigonometry|
Each topic from CAT syllabus mentioned above is further divided into sub-topics. The division into sub-topics makes it easier to concentrate on the various aspects of a section and helps during preparation.
- The Admit Card will be provided to students through online mode.
- Only those candidates who have successfully submitted their online application form will be able to get the admit card.
- The admit card will contain details like Name of the candidate, Test date, User ID / Registration Number, PWD status, etc.
- Candidates can download the CAT hall ticket by entering their User ID and Password.
- It is mandatory to bring the admit card at the examination centre on the day of the examination.