Indian Institute of Technology – Joint Admission Test (IIT-JAM) for M.Sc. An engineering aspirant needs to qualify this entrance test who has completed his bachelor’s and is willing to pursue Master degree from India’s reputed IIT’s. M.Sc. or Phd or M.Sc.-Phd Dual degree professional courses offered by the IIT’s and IISc could be opted by JAM Aspirants and each IIT institute offers specialized courses in its respective manner.
JAM Application Form 2018 will be filled and submitted through online mode only. Students appear in this examination to get admission in M.Sc and Ph.D courses offered in different streams by IITs and IISc. Check details regarding the Application Form.
Get Latest Admission Updates About IIT JAM 2018 Through Email or Sms, By Entering Your Details Below :
Courses offered by various IITs across the country are as following:
- Integrated Ph.D. (at IISc Bangalore)
- Joint M.Sc-Ph.D
- M.Sc (Two years)
- M.Sc-Ph.D Dual Degree
Both Indian and Foreign Candidates can apply.JAM 2018 Eligibility
- Candidates applying shall have to fulfill the following eligibility requirement for admission in IITs and IISc.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree.
- Candidates belong to the General/OBC-NCL Category, have to get at least 55% aggregate marks in the qualifying degree, without rounding off (50% aggregate for candidates who belong to the SC/ST and PwD Category Candidates).
- Candidates appearing in the final examination of their qualifying degree in 2018 are also eligible for this entrance exam.
IIT-JAM Application Fee
|One Test Paper||Two Test Papers|
|SC/ST/PwD & Female (all categories)||Rs.750/-||Rs.1050/-|
Fee can be paid through online and offline methods,
- debit/credit card or net banking (online method)
- e-challan of State Bank of India.
How to fill IIT JAM Application Form
Step-1: Register Online
- Visit Official Link in the official website of IIT JAM 2018.
- Search the link related to “Register” and click it.
- A registration window will appear on the screen fill Details
- Enter required details in the registration form such as Candidates Name, Email ID, Mobile Number and other details.
- Submit it after filling the details.
- Students will receive an Enrolment ID sent to the registered email ID and Contact Number, after successful registration.
Step-2: Fill Details in the Application Form
- Login & Fill Details
- Use their Enrolment ID and Password to login to the website.
- Fill the following details in the application form:
- General Details: Parent/guardian’s name & mobile number, city preferences, date of birth, gender, number and choice of test paper(s), address for communication, category & PwD status and other required details.
- Qualification Details: Qualifying degree, the percentage of marks/CGPA, details of valid personal ID information, etc.
- Verify and Submit Details
- After filling the details, check all the filled entries carefully.
- After verifying, click on the “Submit” button.
Step-3: Upload Scanned Images
- The photograph should be colored with White or a very light background taken after 1st July 2016 in JPEG format with 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm dimensions.
- The face should occupy about 50% of the area.
- Mobile phone & other self-composed portraits are not accepted.
- The signature should be put in a rectangular box size 7 cm × 2 cm (width x height) on an A4 white paper. The signature must be done with black or dark blue ink.
- The image should be in JPEG format with 560 x 160 (maximum pixel resolution) and 280 x 80 (minimum pixel resolution).
- Go through the upload images option.
- Choose the scanned images of photograph, signature and SC/ST/PwD certificate (if applicable) one by one and upload them.
Step-4: Fee Payment
- After uploading the images, Proceed to make the fee payment.
- In online mode, candidates are required to enter the payment details and pay the application fee.
- In offline mode, take a printout of the e-challan form and submit the application fee to the nearest branch of SBI Bank.
Step-5: Print Application Form
- Take the printout of the filled application form after completing all steps of the application form.
- Keep safe the printed application form for further use.
- There is no need to send the printed application form to the authority.
Important details to fill in the application form
- Examination details such as a number of papers, examination centers etc.
- Applicant’s personal information such as name, enrolment ID, DOB, Gender, contact details etc.
- Communication details such as address, pin code, ID proofs etc.
- Details of the qualifying degrees and examinations.
- Upload photographs and signatures with proper dimension and format.
- Payment of application fee for JAM 2018.