The appearing candidates for JAM 2018 should check the syllabus thoroughly to get well prepared for the examination. There will be 7 papers in the JAM 2018 for numerous M.Sc, Dual Degree courses, and Ph.D in Science.
IIT JAM will be conducted tentatively in February 2018. There are total 1629 seats are available at different IITs and IISc Bangalore taking part in the examination. The syllabus for all the 7 papers of JAM 2018 is completely available online. The appearing candidates can download the syllabus for their preparation.
Exam syllabus for JAM
- Applied Geology
- Economic Geology
- Structural Geology
- The Planet Earth
Biological Sciences (BL)
- Mathematical Sciences
- General Biology
- Microbiology, Cell Biology, and Immunology
- Basics of Biochemistry, Biophysics, Molecular Biology
- Real Analysis
- Linear Algebra
- Group Theory
- Vector Calculus
- Differential Equations
- Functions of Two Real Variables
- Sequences and Series of Real Numbers
- This paper consists of Physics (18% weightage), Mathematics (18% weightage), Chemistry (20% weightage) and Biology (44% weightage).
- The syllabus for BT will be of 10+2+3 level.
Mathematical Statistics (MS)
This paper consists of Statistics (60% weightage) and Mathematics (40% weightage).
- Statistics- Testing of Hypotheses, Estimation, Sampling distribution, Joint distribution, Standard distributions, Random variables, Probability.
- Mathematics- Differential Equations, Matrices, Integral Calculus, Differential Calculus, Sequences, and Series.
- Organic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Simple Oscillators
- Solid state physics, devices, and electronics
- Modern physics
- Kinetic theory, Thermodynamics
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Oscillations, Waves, and Optics
- Mechanics and General Properties of Matter
- Mathematical Methods