organized by the IITs and IISc on rotation basis. Through this exam, students can get admission in M.Sc (Four Semesters), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-M.Tech., M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree & other courses. Top reputed colleges & institutions like IITs & IISc will offer admissions into these courses on the basis of IIT JAM 2018 exam. This exam came into existence from the year 2014. Here we are providing details about IIT JAM 2018 exam, including application form, eligibility, exam date, exam pattern, etc.
JAM 2018 (Joint Admission Test for M.Sc) is a gate to various professional courses such as M.Sc (2 years), M.Sc-PhD, M.Sc-M.Tech, Joint M.Sc-PhD, and many other Bachelor degree courses. Various IITs & IISc conduct this national level examination of JAM in the rotation. JAM is held in the month of February every year. IIT JAM 2018 will be organized by IIT Bombay. The interested applicants can check out the important details of JAM 2018 from this article given below.
IIT JAM 2018 Exam Date
Here we have mentioned the tentative dates of IIT JAM examination. The official dates will be updated later:
|Application form release||1st week of September 2017|
|Last date to submit the online application & uploading documents||2nd week of October 2017|
|Last date for application fee payment||2nd week of October 2017|
|Admit card available||2nd week of January 2018|
|Mock test link||February 2018|
|Exam date||2nd week of February 2018|
|Result announcement||Last week of March 2018|
|Submission of admission form||2nd to 4th week of April 2018|
|Last Date for receipt of request for change of category||2nd week of May 2018|
|First admission list released||1st week of June 2018|
|Second admission list released||3rd week of June 2018|
|Third & final admission list release||1st week of July 2018|
|Closure of Admissions through JAM 2018||2nd week of July 2018|
IIT JAM Application Form 2018
- Students can fill and submit the IIT JAM 2018 application form through online mode.
- Candidates have to register by entering their name, Email, Mobile Number and Password on the website.
- After successful registration, candidates will receive an Email containing their enrollment ID.
- After login through the ID & Password, candidates have to fill their personal, academic, qualification & other details in the application form.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph, signature and SC/ST/PwD certificates (if applicable).
- Make the application fee payment via online mode.
- Make sure to check all the entries before the final submission.
- Candidates are advised to take printout of the application form for future references.
- Candidates have to make the fee payment through online mode only.
- The fee payment will be made through debit/credit card or net banking.
- The detailed application fee is given below:
|One Test Paper||Two Test Papers|
|Female (All Categories), SC, ST, PwD||Rs. 750/-||Rs. 1050/-|
|General & OBC||Rs. 1500/-||Rs. 2100/-|
Get Latest Admission Updates About IIT JAM 2018 Through Email or Sms, By Entering Your Details Below :
Students are suggested to check the eligibility criteria before applying. The detailed eligibility criteria is mentioned below:
- Nationality: Indian & Foreign candidates are eligible to apply.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree in any stream from any recognized college or university.
- Percentage Criteria: Students must have obtained minimum 55% marks for general & OBC-NCL candidates and 50% marks for SC, ST and PwD categories.
- Appearing Candidates: Students appearing in the final year of the qualifying exam are also eligible to apply.
IIT JAM Exam Pattern
- Exam Mode: The exam will be organized through online mode (Computer Based Test).
- Duration: The total exam duration will be three hours.
- Language: Question paper will be asked in English language only.
- No. of Question: There will be total 60 questions asked in the examination.
- Sections: The exam has been divided into three sections.
- Total Marks: The question paper will have 60 questions of 100 marks.
- Negative Marking: There is no negative marking for Section B & C.
|Section||No. of Question|
|Section-A||30 MCQs (Multiple Choice Question)|
|Section-B||10 MSQs (Multiple Select Question)|
|Section-C||20 NAT (Numerical Answer Type)|
IIT JAM Syllabus
- The syllabus has been divided into three sections, i.e. Section A, B & C.
- The syllabus will comprise of various topics such as BL (Biological Sciences), BT (Biotechnology), GC (Geology), MS (Mathematical Statistics), CY (Chemistry), PH (Physics) and MA (Mathematics).
- Students can prepare from the above mentioned topics from the examination.
- Candidates have to prepare as early as possible so that they will get enough time for exam preparations.
- Understand and analyze the syllabus before preparing.
- Study from the best study materials and also practice previous year question paper & sample papers.
- Make short notes of the topics and revise them in the end of preparation.
- Take care of your health, do exercise and yoga it will help you concentrate in your studies.
IIT JAM 2018 Admission Process
Once the results for JAM 2018 will be declared, the qualified applicants can apply for online admission form in the official portal. Through the admission form, the applicants will be eligible for admission to any of the corresponding academic course of IISc & IITs. On the basis of qualified test papers, the applicants can apply for one or more academic courses which covered under those set of papers, subject to fulfillment of the minimum education qualification (MEQs), Eligibility Criteria (ERs) of the admitting institutes.
JAM Admit Card 2018
The admit cards are available online from December 2017. The candidates appearing for the examination can download the admit cards for JAM 2018 after the availability of the official notice. JAM admit cards will only be available online.
JAM 2018 Counselling
IIT JAM counselling will be organized after the result announcement of IIT JAM examination. A candidate who falls in the category of merit list will be only applicable to participate in the counseling session of IIT JAM 2018. The counseling session will go to be conducted within the second or third week of April 2018.
IIT JAM 2018 Important Points
- Question: How can I apply for IIT JAM 2018 examination?
Answer: You can apply through online mode for this exam.
- Question: Can I fill multiple application forms using only one Email ID?
Answer: No, only one Email ID can be used for one application form.
- Question: For how many paper I can apply in JAM examination?
Answer: Candidates can apply for maximum two papers in this exam.
- Question: When will be the IIT JAM Application Form 2018 available?
Answer: The application form will be released from the first week of September 2017.
- Question: How many exam centres I can choose for exam?
Answer: You can choose only three exam centres for this exam.
- Question: How can I make the fee payment of examination?
Answer: The fee payment will be done through online mode, i.e. debit/credit card & net banking.
- Question: After completing the application process, do I have to send the printed application form to the authority?
Answer: No, there is no need to send the printed application to the authority.
- Question: Can I bring a calculator during the examination?
Answer: No, a virtual calculator will be available on the computer screen for calculations.
- Question: What will be the duration for JAM examination?
Answer: The duration will be three hours for the examination.
- Question: Foreign candidates can apply for this exam?
Answer: Yes, foreign candidates are also eligible to apply.