Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU) administers Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination (UPSEE 2018) for granting admission to UG and PG courses. It is formerly known as Uttar Pradesh Technical University (UPTU). UPSEE is also famous with the name of AKTU/UPTU 2018 Entrance Exam. Through this exam, students are admitted to first year of B.Tech/B.Arch/B.Pharm/BHMCT/BFAD/BFA/MBA/MCA/MAM and second year of B.Tech /B.Pharm/MCA. Candidates desiring to get admission in said courses in the affiliated colleges of AKTU have to fill the application form. Check this article for getting complete information about AKTU/UPTU 2018 including application form, exam date, exam pattern, eligibility and syllabus. AKTU/UPTU 2018 online application form are expected to be available from February 2018 and the entrance exam will be commenced in the month of April 2018.
UPTU/AKTU 2018 Important Dates
All the aspiring candidates need to be updated with the schedule of the entrance exam and the admission process. Here, candidates can get all the information about the dates and a whole schedule of the admission process.
|S.No.||Name of the events of the exam||Dates assigned|
|1.||Application Form availability date||4th week of February 2018|
|2.||The last date specified for submission of the form||4th week of March 2018|
|3.||Admit Card will be available from||2nd week of April 2018|
|4.||Date of Entrance test||3rd week of April 2018|
|5.||Result announcement Date||4th of May 2018|
|6.||Counseling process will start||Second week of June 2018|
Get Latest Admission Updates About AKTU/UPTU 2018 Through Email or Sms, By Entering Your Details Below :
AKTU/UPTU Application Form 2018
- AKTU/UPTU 2018 application form will be issued through online mode only.
- Candidates after determining their eligibility can fill the application form either from the official website or through this page.
- The link to apply online will be provided in the third week of January 2018 tentatively.
- The closing date for submission of application form will be 4th week of March 2018.
- Application form would be considered completed after the successful submission of application fee.
- All the applicants should also keep ready the scanned images of photograph, signature and left hand thumb impression in prescribed format.
- Before clicking on “final submit”, candidates are advised to verify all the filled details.
- Once the application fee is submitted, take the printout of “confirmation page” and keep it safe for further references. The confirmation page also contains your application number.
The application fee of AKTU/UPTU 2018 is as following:
- For Male/Transgender Candidates of General/OBC Category – Rs.1000/-
- For Female/SC/ST/PwD Category – Rs. 500/-
NOTE: Aspirants are recommended to be updated with the latest schedule of the exam and admission process as the dates given in the above table are attentive. Dates and the schedule of the examination may change as per the discretion of UPTU.
Candidates need to make sure their eligibility before applying for the entrance examination. All the applicants must have the required educational qualification and age criteria to be eligible to apply for the exam. In the following points, candidates can see their eligibility in the following points:
- As there are many courses which candidates can pursue from different institutes and that is why the eligibility criteria for all the courses are also different for all the courses.
In the given chart the eligibility for all the courses have been given separately for all the courses:
|S.No.||Name of the Course||Eligibility Criteria|
|1.||Second Year B.Tech||B.Sc Graduate with Mathematics at Intermediate level and Diploma holders.|
|2.||B.Pharm (2ndYear)||Candidates having Pharmacy diploma.|
|3.||MCA (2ndYear)||B.Sc(IT/Computer Science)/ BCA|
|4.||B.Tech||10+2 or its equivalent test with Math & Physics along with either Biotechnology/ Chemistry/Biology/Technical Vocational subject.|
|5.||B.Pharm||10+2 or its equivalent test with Math/Bio & Physics along with either Biotechnology/ Chemistry/ Technical Vocational subject.|
|6.||B.Arch||10+2 or its equivalent test with Math & Physics along with Engineering Drawing / Chemistry/ Computer Science/Biology/ Technical Vocational subject.|
|7.||BHMCT/ BFAD/ BFA||10+2 or its equivalent test in any discipline.|
|8.||MBA||Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with 50% score (45% for SC/ST).|
|9.||MCA||Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with 50% score (45% for SC/ST) and mathematics at either graduation or 10+2 level.|
|10.||MAM||10+2 or its equivalent exam with 45% marks (40% for SC/ST)- Without grace|
AKTU/UPTU Exam Pattern
Candidates who are going to appear the AKTU/UPTU examination may check details about entrance exam pattern from this section:
- Number of Papers: Entrance exam will be held for a total 11 papers.
- Paper Mode: The examination mode for Paper-1, Paper-2, Paper-3 and Paper-4 will be OMR based and for the remaining 7 papers, the examination will be conducted in online mode (CBT).
- Number of Questions: Paper-1, 2, 3 will contain 150 questions; Paper-5, 6, 7, 8 will contain 75 questions and Paper-9, 10 and 11 will have total 100 questions each. Paper-4 will have 50 questions each of Mathematics & Aesthetic Sensitivity with a total of 100 questions and 2 questions from Drawing Aptitude.
- Type of Questions: All the papers are of objective type (except Drawing Aptitude Test [(Part-B of paper-4)]. In objective type questions, four options will be provided, out of which only one option is correct.
- Subjects: Each paper will be asked from different subjects depending upon the course.
- Exam Duration: The duration of the examination will be 3 hours.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be awarded for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: No provision of negative marking in entrance exam.
Check details about subjects, number of questions and marks corresponding to each paper:
|Paper||Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Paper-1||Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics||50 questions each from PCM comprising of total 150 questions.||600|
|Paper-2||Physics, Chemistry and Biology||50 questions each from PCB comprising of total 150 questions.||600|
|Paper-3||AG-I, AG-II, AG-III||50 questions each from AG-I, AG-II, AG-III with a total of 150 questions||600|
|Paper-4||Aptitude Test for ArchitecturePart-A: Mathematics & Aesthetic Sensitivity
Part-B: Drawing Aptitude
|50 questions each of Mathematics & Aesthetic Sensitivity with a total of 100 questions and 2 questions from Drawing Aptitude.||500|
|Paper-5||Aptitude Test for General Awareness (BHMCT/BFAD/BFA)||75 questions||300|
|Paper-6||Aptitude Test for Diploma Holders in Engineering (Lateral Entry)||75 questions||300|
|Paper-7||Aptitude Test for Diploma Holders in Pharmacy (LE)||75 questions||300|
|Paper-8||Aptitude Test for B.Sc Graduates in Engineering (LE)||75 questions||300|
|Paper-9||Aptitude Test for MBA||100 questions||400|
|Paper-10||Aptitude Test for MCA||100 questions||400|
|Paper-11||Aptitude Test for 2nd year MCA (LE)||100 questions||400|
Every year, Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU) prescribes the syllabus for each paper of UPSEE 2018. The syllabus for the year 2018 has not announced yet. It is expected that AKTU/UPTU syllabus will be remained similar to previous year. Syllabus for all the papers will be provided soon. For B.Tech (paper-1), the syllabus will be of 11th and 12th standard of UP or its equivalent board.
How to Prepare for Exam
Candidates who want to appear the AKTU entrance exam have to work hard to crack the examination. Here, we are mentioning some useful tips that helps you to score well in the examination:
- Planning is the most important part for the preparation of any examination. Before start preparation, make your time table and divide your study hours properly. Also keep the enough time for revision.
- Refer right book for preparation.
- Get some previous years question paper or sample papers of UPSEE and try to solve at least one paper daily.
- Prepare notes of important topics as it will help you in quick revision.
- Periodic revision is very necessary. Whatever you have studied, revise weekly.
- Do not start a new topic at last minute.
AKTU/UPTU Admit Card
Admit card of provisionally eligible candidates will be uploaded in the first week of April 2018. Students can download their AKTU UPTU 2018 admit card from this page. Candidates have to strictly follow the date and time as mentioned in the admit card to appear the exam.
AKTU Entrance Result
AKTU/UPTU 2018 result will be declared in the last week of May 2018 tentatively. Along with the result, candidates can also get the official answer key. To get position in merit list, candidates have to meet the cut-off criteria of 25% (20% for SC/ST candidates). The University will prepare separate merit list for each course.
AKTU/UPTU 2018 Counselling
AKTU/UPTU counselling 2018 will begin after few days of the result declaration. All the successful candidates will be invited for counselling for the allotment of seats. Admission will be strictly carried out on the basis of candidate’s rank and choices filled by them.