JEE Main 2018- Check here details such as exam date, application form
JEE Main 2018 is the popular engineering entrance exam in India. It will be conducted by CBSE for admission to B.E./B.Tech & B.Arch courses. On the basis of JEE Main, candidates are admitted to NITs, CFTIs and other engineering institutions. JEE Main is also the eligibility test for JEE Advanced which offers admission to IITs & ISM. From the year 2017, CBSE has introduced some new changes like applicants should have Aadhaar card issued by UIDAI for filling the application form. All candidates interested in pursuing a career in engineering can apply for Joint Entrance Examination (JEE). Students can get complete information about JEE Main 2018 such as application form, eligibility, exam dates, exam pattern and syllabus.
|Release of Notification||3rd week of Nov 2017|
|Online Application Form Starts||1st week of Dec 2017|
|Facility of Correcting Images||2nd week of Dec 2017|
|Closing Date of Online Application Form||1st week of Jan 2018|
|Last Date of Fee Payment||1st week of Jan 2018|
|Opening of Application Form Correction Window||2nd half of Jan 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card||2nd week of Mar 2018|
|Pen & Paper Based Test Date for offline exam||1st week of Apr 2018|
|Computer Based Test Date||2nd week of Apr 2018|
|Answer Key & OMR Sheet Availability||3rd week of Apr 2018|
|Declaration of Result (Score & Rank)||4th week of Apr 2018|
Get Latest Admission Updates About JEE Main 2018 Through Email or Sms, By Entering Your Details Below :
JEE Main 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates should be born on or after 1st October 1993.
- Date of Birth will be considered as mentioned in secondary education board certificate.
- 5 years relaxation i.e. DOB falls on or after 1st October 1988 shall be provided in the upper age limit for SC/ST & PWD candidates.
- Passed the 12th examination/qualifying examination with 5 subjects and must be passed/appearing with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
- Candidates have to secure the passing marks.
- There is no minimum marks requirement in the 12th examination for writing the JEE Main exam.
- Those who have appeared and passed the higher secondary examination in 2016 and 2017 are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates appearing the final examination of 12th in 2018 can also fill the JEE Main application form.
- Diploma holders may also apply for JEE Main 2018 but only eligible for admission to IITs.
- Diploma holders will be eligible for JEE Main so that they can further apply for JEE Advanced but not eligible for admission on the basis of JEE Main scores.
Number of Attempts:
- 3 attempts will be given for clearing the JEE Main.
- JEE Advanced can be attempted maximum 2 times in consecutive years.
Eligibility For Admission in IITs, NITs, CFTIs:
- Candidates should have obtained 75% marks (for SC/ST will be 65%) in 12th examination or must be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th examination of respective boards.
JEE Main New Changes Introduced Last year:
In 2017, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India has introduced some new changes in the pattern of JEE Mains. Here are the highlights:
- No weightage will be given to 12th class marks for calculating All India Rank (AIR) in JEE Main.
- In order to qualify for admission to IITs, NITs, IIITs, CFTIs, candidates must have at least 75% marks (65% for SC/ST) in higher secondary examination or must be in top 20 percentile in class 12th examination conducted by respective boards.
- Moreover, candidates should have Aadhaar Card Number to fill the application form.
- Candidates from Meghalaya, J & K and Assam are excluded from this provision. Such candidates have to enter passport number, ration card number, bank account number or any other valid Govt. identity number to get examination centre in these states only.
JEE Main Application Form 2018
All the aspirants must read the information brochure carefully before filling the online application form of JEE Main 2018 to get details about how to apply, application fee & payment mode. The details regarding JEE Main application form are given below:
- Candidates have to fill the JEE Main application form via online mode only.
- No printed copy will be provided to apply for JEE Main.
- Applications are expected to be released in the first week of December 2017.
- To apply for JEE Main, students should have Aadhaar Number/Aadhaar Enrollment Number/Registration Number which will be provided by facilitation center.
- In addition to filling personal & academic details, candidates also have to upload scanned images of photograph and signature in prescribed specifications.
- Candidates can download the acknowledgement page as the proof of successful submission of application form.
Application fee of JEE Mains 2018 will depend upon the gender of candidate, category and exam mode. Candidates can check the application fee from the below table:
|Papers||Offline mode (Pen & Paper Based)
||Online mode (Computer Based)|
|Appearing||General/OBCs (Boys)||SC/ST/PWD/All Girls||General/OBCs (Boys)||SC/ST/PWD/All Girls|
|For Examination Centres opted in India|
|Paper 1 or 2||1000||500||500||250|
|Paper 1 and 2 both||1800||900||1300||650|
|For Examination Centres opted in foreign country|
|Paper 1 or 2||2500||1250||2500||1250|
|Paper 1 and 2 both||3800||1900||3800||1900|
- Payment of fee can be done either through credit card/debit card or e-challan.
- Candidates opting e-challan are required to make the payment in Syndicate/ICICI/HDFC/Canara Bank in cash.
JEE Main Application Form Correction
- Corrections will be permitted in uploaded images (signature and photograph).
- Correction window will also open for correction in application form details like change in exam mode from PBT to CBT, city of examination, change in paper-2 to paper-1.
- Candidate can make changes only in the selected fields.
JEE Main 2018 Exam Pattern
|Medium for all exam centres||English and Hindi|
|Medium for exam centers in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli||English, Hindi|
|Duration of exam||3 hours|
|Type of questions||Objective type|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks will be allotted for each correct answer and for incorrect answers, negative marking of 1 mark will be done|
- There will be 2 papers in JEE Main examination– Paper I for engineering and Paper II for architecture.
- Paper I includes total 90 OMC questions from Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.
- Paper II includes total 82 questions– 30 questions from Mathematics, 50 questions from aptitude test and 2 questions from drawing test.
|Papers||Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Paper-1||Physics||30 Questions||120 marks|
|Chemistry||30 Questions||120 marks|
|Mathematics||30 Questions||120 marks|
|Paper-2||Mathematics||30 Questions||120 marks|
|Aptitude Test||50 Questions||200 marks|
|Drawing||2 Questions||70 marks|
JEE Main 2018 Answer Key
- JEE Main 2018 Official Answer key will be provided by CBSE.
- It will contain the correct answers to the questions asked.
- Answer key will be announced for all sets of the JEE Main question paper as well as for the Computer-based exam.
- Candidates can challenge by paying Rs 1000 per question through credit/debit card or e-challan who disagree with the provided answer key.
- This fee is non-refundable. The challenge must be accompanied by proof.
- On the P&P exam day, various private institutes will also release the answer key of JEE Main 2018.
- Candidates can refer to the unofficial answer key for estimating the score but should not consider it as the final result.
JEE Main 2018 Result
- The result can be checked by login for JEE Main 2018.
- The score and rank of the candidates will not be announced separately.
- Instead, it will be announced on the same day.
- The Rank will be calculated directly on the basis of JEE Main 2018 scores because the normalization method has been removed.
- The candidates will be allocated seat in the Counselling of JEE Mian 2018, on the basis of the rank.
- Candidates will also be intimated whether they have qualified to appear for JEE Advanced 2018 along with the criteria as specified.
JEE Main 2018 Cut-Off marks
- Minimum score that is used to screen admissions is the cutoffs.
- The cutoffs will be differing from institute to institute as well as the courses because the admissions are held through JoSAA.
- Some institutes are more preferred and some disciplines too for eg NIT Warangal, NIT Trichy are top preferred ones as are the disciplines like Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science Engineering etc.
- The cutoffs for the year 2018 will be available only after the results are announced.
- To understand the scores that are needed for admissions to preferred institutes candidates can use the JEE Main 2017 cutoffs.
The candidates have to score minimum cut-off marks to get admission in the best colleges of India. The cut-off marks are decided on numerous factors- such as No. of candidates, difficulty level of examination etc. Cut-off marks for different categories are as follows-
- For general candidates, it is 105 marks.
- For OBC candidates it is 70 marks.
- For SC candidates it is 50 marks.
- For ST candidates it is 44 marks.
The candidates should go through the examination syllabus before they start their preparation. It will help them to plan their study accordingly. Paper I will have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Paper II will have Mathematics, Aptitude Test and Drawing Test.
JEE Main 2018 Counselling procedure
The candidates will be selected for counseling on the basis of their ranks on merit list. The counseling will start from 1st week of July 2018. The authorities who will handle the counseling procedure are- CSAB and JoSAA. There will be 4 rounds in counseling procedure- 1st 3 rounds will be handled by JoSAA and the last & final round will be handled by CSAB. The entire counseling process will be completely online based.
- The counseling of JEE Main 2018, will be conducted by JoSAA, along with that of JEE Advanced and will be held for admissions to IITs, NITs and other participating CFTIs.
- Up to 92 institutes including 22 IITs, ISM, 31 NITs, 20 IIITs and 18 Other-Government Funded Technical Institutes (Other-GFTIs) will participate under JoSAA 2018.
JEE Main 2018 Participating Institutes
- Admissions to 31 National Institutes of Technology, 20 IIITs and 18 Other-Government Funded Technical Institutes are through JEE Main 2018 Scores/ Rank.
- JEE Main Paper I is for the engineering and technology courses whereas Paper II is for the architecture courses offered by the NITs, IIITs and other GFTIs.
- In addition students from the states of Haryana, Uttarakhand, Nagaland, Madhya Pradesh & Odisha must fill the JEE Main application form as these states will hold their UG engineering admissions through JEE Main 2018.
- Gujarat is no longer a participating state. The ACPC has declared that GUJCET 2018 will be the exam to be held instead of JEE Main 2018 in the state.
- The Indian Institute of Information Technology, Uttar Pradesh, Amethi, Allahabad is no more included in the Participating Institutes of JEE Main 2018.