GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is an national level entrance exam for admission to PG courses in the field of engineering and technology. Candidates can get admissions into M.Tech./Ph.D. programmes in IITs , IISc, IISERs and other reputed institutions through GATE score. Every year, GATE is organized by the seven zonal IITs and an IISc on rotational basis. GATE 2018 Dates will be notified in July 2017. Apart from granting admission, the score of gate exam is also considered as one of the criteria for recruitment to government and private organizations working in technical fields. Aspirants can check here complete details about GATE 2018 Entrance Examination.
GATE 2018: Important Dates
|Gate 2018 Application Form Start||First week of September 2017|
|Last date to apply||First week of October 2017|
|Last date of Request for Change in City||First week of November 2017|
|Application Form Correction||Second week of November, 2017|
|GATE 2018 Admit Card Availability||First week of January 2017|
|GATE 2018 Online Exam Date (CBT)||First week of February 2018|
|Result declaration||Third week of March, 2018|
|Availability of Score Card||Last week of May 2018|
GATE 2018 Registration
- GATE Registration 2017 will available via online mode only from September 2017.
- Candidates could complete their registration process through GOAPS.
- The candidate had to fill his/her personal details online.
- The candidate had to upload the certificate, scanned signature and photograph.
- Application fee payment could be processed through online or offline by net banking or debit card or e-challan.
Candidates can pay the application fee via Net banking, debit card or e-challan. GATE 2018 registration fee details is given below:
|Women Candidates||Rs. 750/-|
|SC/ST/PwD Candidates||Rs. 750/-|
|All Other Candidates||Rs. 1500/-|
|GATE International Candidates||US Dollars 50|
Get Latest Admission Updates About GATE 2018 Through Email or Sms, By Entering Your Details Below :
GATE for International Candidates
The examination shall be held for international candidates in Nepal, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Ethiopia, and United Arab Emirates (U.A.E).
|Qualifying degree||Qualifying degree/examination||Description of eligible applicants||Year of qualifying cannot be later than|
|M.Sc/ M.A/ MCA or equivalent||Master’s degree in any of the system Sc./ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent||Currently in 4thyear or already completed||2018|
|B.E/ B.Tech/ B.Pharm||Bachelor’s degree in eng./ tech. (4 year after 12th or 3 years of diploma in eng./tech.) & appearing applicants in final year of such program||Currently in final year or already completed||2018|
|Int. M.E/ M.Tech (Post B.Sc)||Post-B.Sc integrated master’s degree course in eng./ technology (4th year program)||Currently in 2nd/ 3rd/ 4th year or already completed||2020|
|B.Arch||Bachelor’s degree in Architecture (5 years course)||Currently in final year or already completed||2018|
|Int. M.E/ M.Tech or dual degree (after diploma or 12th)||Integrated master’s degree program or dual degree program in eng./ tehc. (5 years program)||Currently in 4th/ 5thyear or already completed||2019|
|B.Sc (Research)/ B.S||Bachelor’s degree in Sc. (Post-diploma/4 years after 12th)||Currently in 4thyear or already completed||2018|
|Int. M.Sc/ Int. B.E-M.S||Integrated M.Sc or 5 year integrated B.S-M.S program||Currently in 4thyear or already completed||2018|
|Professional society examinations (equivalent to B.E/ B.Tech/ B.Arch)||B.E/ B.Tech/ B.Tech equivalent examinations of professional societies, recognized by MHRD/ UPSC/ AICTE (e.g, AIME by Institution of eng.- India, AMICE by Institute of Civil engineers India)||Completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses||NA|
The applicants who have already completed their qualifying examination in 2018 or before have to submit the degree certificate/ provisional certificate. The appearing applicants are required to submit a certificate from the principal.
GATE 2018 Application Form Correction
Minor modifications will be permitted in the GATE 2018 application form. The correction will be allowed only after the submission of application form. In case, if any mistake has committed by the candidate in application then, he/she has to sent an email subjecting “Correction in data (Enrollment Number)” along with the document proof.
GATE Corrections/Modifications will be granted in the following fields:
- Name of Candidate
- Name of Parent/Guardian
- Status from Gen to OBC and OBC to General
- Have you graduated in the above degree?
- Year of Qualifying Degree
GATE 2018 Exam Pattern
- The examination will be conducted as Computer Based Test (CBT).
- There will be total 23 papers in GATE.
- There will be total 65 questions.
- The examination will be of total 100 marks.
- 55 questions will be based on the core subjects and engineering mathematics.
- These 55 questions will be of total 85 marks and rest 10 questions will be of total 15 marks.
- The examination will be divided into two parts:
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)- These type of questions will be of total 1 or 2 marks. Each question will have four options and out of them, you have to choose the correct.
- Numerical Answer Questions- These types of questions will be of 1 or 2 marks. Candidates need to answer by using the virtual keypad. There will be no options provided for this section.
|Section||QuestionNo.||No. ofQuestions||Marks PerQuestion||TotalMarks|
|General Aptitude||1 to 5||5||1||5|
|1 to 25||25||1||25|
|26 to 55||30||2||60|
|Total Questions: 65||Total Marks: 100||Total Duration: 3 hours|
|Technical Section:70 marks||General Aptitude: 15 marks||Engineering Mathematics:15 marks|
|25 marks to 40 marks will be allotted to Numeric Answer Type Questions|
GATE 2018 Syllabus
GATE syllabus comprises of 23 papers. GATE syllabus for all Paper- Check Here
Papers to Apply for GATE
|3.||Architecture and Planning||AR|
|7.||Computer Science & Information Technology||CS|
|9.||Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC|
|13.||Geology and Geophysics||GG|
|21.||Production and Industrial Engineering||PI|
|22.||Textile Engineering & Fibre Science||TF|
|23.||Ecology and Evolution||EY|
GATE 2018 Applications Correction
- The correction in application forms can be done from 2nd week of November 2017.
- The changes will be done in category, gender & examination city.
- All the corrections will done only through online mode.
- There will be no challan payment accepted for correction.
- Any kind of changes are not allowed in GATE paper.
GATE 2018 Admit Card
The GATE 2018 Admit Card will be available on the official site from 1st week of January 2018. The candidates have to log in to the GOAPS by using their enrollment ID and email address. This is one of the most important documents to give this examination so make sure you keep it safe till the examination gets finished.
GATE 2018 Answer Key
The authority will release GATE Answer Key 2018 on to the official portal after the commencement of the examination by IIT. The answer key is the key which contains all the correct answer and with the help of it, candidates can estimate their result. Answer key will be available in PDF format. Download Answer Key- Click Here
- The virtual calculator will be provided during online examination.
- It is the online calculator which contains all the operations and functions for carrying out calculations.
- No physical calculator will be allowed in the examination hall.
- For solving Numerical Answer Type Questions, students have to use the virtual calculator.
GATE 2018 Score Card
- Score card reflects the candidate’s performance in entrance test.
- The qualified candidates are provided with a GATE score card.
- The Score Card will be having the validity of three years from the date of announcement of result.
- From the last week of March 2018, the facility to download the score card will be available.
GATE 2018 Cut Off
The cut off marks will be declared differently by each participating institute and it will also be distinct for different courses. Various public and private sector undertakings that consider GATE scores for employment purposes will also declare their own cut off marks. The cut off marks will be published in the official website. GATE Cut off Marks, Previous Years Cutoff and Expected cutoff Marks
GATE 2018 Counseling Procedure
Indian institution of Technologies (IITs) will not engage in the activity of organizing a common GATE Counselling for granting admission to various PG courses. After the declaration of official GATE 2018 result, candidates have to register separately to various IITs. All the NITs will organize the Centralized Counselling for PG engineering programmes such as M.Arch. / M.Tech. /M.Plan. Procedure for GATE 2018 Counselling
- The procedure of counseling will be scheduled by CCMT (Centralized Counseling for M.Tech/ M.Arch/ M.Plan).
- The counseling will start once the results for GATE 2017 will be declared.
- The allotment of seats will be done on the basis of applicants’ performance in the written examination
GATE 2018 Exam Syllabus
- There will be total 23 papers in GATE 2018 and the applicants will have to choose only one paper as per their choice.
- There will be a separate syllabus for each paper.
- The applicants can check the detailed syllabus for each paper from the official website of GATE 2018.
GATE 2018: Important Points