Saraswathi Institute of Medical Sciences is a budding institute in the field of medical-education and research. It is located at Hapur in Uttar Pardesh. It is an institution setup with the objective of providing medical services to the society with care and attention, personal touch and perfection.The institute is promoted by “Saraswathi Ammal Educational and Charitable Trust”-Chennai, under the guidance of Shri. J. Ramchandran, Chairman of the instituteand chancellor of AMET university-Chennai. SIMS is a medical college recently set-up along with a modern hospital and research centre, having highly qualified doctors,professors, scholars, nurses, technicians, administrative staff,security cell etc. The institute offers medical degree course, “MBBS” (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery)program commencing from 2008-2009 and is committed to the quest ofexcellence and also to embrace all aspects of medical education. The Institute has maintained globally recognized standard of excellence inall sectors and departments. The institute is dedicated to inculcate ethics in students so that they can serve the society better.
Saraswati Medical College, Hapur
- PopularName: SIMS
- Course: MBBS
- Establishment: 2008
- Management: Private College
- Affiliated To: Chaudhary Charan Singh University
|Select at least two streams to compare Compare|
|MBBS||150 Seat||4.5+1 Yr||11,30,000/- Per Yr.||Regular|
|Boys and Girls||In Campus||2,00,000/- Per Yr.||Available||Available||Available||Available|
- EmailId: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WebSites: www.sims.edu.in
- Mobile: 0122-2325317, 2321151
- Phone: 0122-2960262
- Fax: 0122-2320111, 23
- Address: National Highway -24, Anawarpur, Pilakhuwa,Ghaziabad,Uttar Pradesh
MD FEES / MS FEES
|YEAR 1||YEAR 2||YEAR 3||PROGRAM GRAND TOTAL|
Candidate should have passed MBBS from a MCI recognized medical college.
Candidates must be qualified in NEET.
Doctorate of Medicine [MD] in Pathology
Duration: 3 Years
Course Type: Post Graduation
Doctorate of Medicine (abbreviated as M.D.) in Pathology is a postgraduate degree in the of medicine and diagnostics/ the study of a disease. This specialty addresses the main 3 components of disease – cause, mechanism of development or origin, consequences of changes.
The branch deals with diagnostic, testing and treatment methods using genetic technologies, thus underpinning the concept of patient care and prevention of diseases. Physicians practicing pathology are called pathologists. They generally work with other doctors, scientists, and health professionals in hospitals and clinics to diagnose, treat and prevent diseases.
The process of pathology is quite simple, mapping the overall response of the body to any foreign influence, i.e. antigen or disease. Subsequently, this knowledge is used to diagnose and treat illnesses. Pathologists compare the normal structure and function (cell count, blood) of a human body to the abnormal structure and function observed when a person is not well.
Pathology consists of 4 main specialties:
- Hematology – the study of disorders of the blood
- Histopathology – the study of disease in human tissue
- Medical Microbiology – the study of infection
- Chemical Pathology – the study of the biochemical basis of diseases
Pathology is the division of medical science, which focuses on effects, development, processes and causes of diseases. Subjects studied under this degree are Pathology, Microbiology, Immunology, Medical Genetics and Neuroscience.
MD in Pathology: Course Objectives
- To train students for performing high-quality diagnoses in any specified clinical situation using appropriate and relevant samples of tissue, blood, body fluid, etc., and suggest treatment options based on the diagnosis.
- To enable students to pursue clinical and laboratory- based research, thereby proving helpful in research based studies on cancer or other terminal diseases.
- To develop in students the competence to diagnose important pathological conditions in various fields such as histopathology, cytopathology, hematology, and immunopathology
The hospital has the following services available:
- Major & Minor Operation theaters
- ECG & Echo
- Critical Care Units ( ICU, RICU, SICU, BICU, NICU, PICU )
- NCV, EMG, BERA, VEP
- DIALYSIS UNIT MOBILE ICU
- CT Scan
- MRI scan
- Sleep Lab
More than 2500 tests (pathology/Bio-Chemistry/Micro-Biology) are conducted in the labs per day.
The various samples are collected in Central Collection lab round the clock for testing and the reports are also issued
The quality control of the various laboratory tests is also ensured and various automatic and semi-automatic analyzers are used in the laboratories.
Reports are made available within the shortest possible time.
Emergency lab: Round the clock, all days.
The hospital has a licensed, modern state of the art Blood Bank that functions 24 hours a day and provides facilities for blood donation, storage, issue of whole blood and its components according to the need. Strict precautions are taken and testing is done to prevent any blood borne infection (HIV, HBV, HCV, VDRL etc). Blood is issued on exchange basis and patient requiring blood should arrange healthy blood donor for exchange of blood