Must Read All Govt. Published News Related To NEET UG 2018 CHECK HERE
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has released the official notification for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2018 for admission to medical and dental courses in colleges run with the approval of Medical Council of India and Dental Council of India, except AIIMS and JIPMER Puducherry.
The exam will be held on May 6 from 10 am to 1 pm and consist of one paper with 180 objective type questions from physics, chemistry, and biology.
Here are some important points candidates applying for NEET 2018 must keep in mind:
1) Candidates must have an Aadhaar number to be eligible to apply for NEET 2018 in all states except Jammu and Kashmir, Assam and Meghalaya.
2) Candidate must have completed 17 years on or before December 31, 2018. They should not be more than 25 years from the date of the exam. SC/ST/OBC and PH category candidates have a relaxation of five years in the upper age limit.
3) To be eligible for the exam, candidates must have passed Class 12 (qualifying exam) in physics, chemistry, biology/biotechnology and English and must have a minimum of 50% in physics, chemistry and biology/biotechnology together. SC, ST, and OBC category candidates should have at least 40% marks in physics, chemistry and biology/biotechnology together and for PH category candidates the minimum marks are 45% for general category and 40% for SC, ST, and OBC category candidates.
4) Open schools or private candidates are not eligible to appear for NEET.
5) Candidates appearing in Class 12 exam in 2018 can also appear for NEET.
6) Applicants from Andhra Pradesh and Telangana are also eligible for 15% all-India quota seats from the academic year 2018-19.
7) Candidates can opt for question paper in English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarat, Kannada, Marathi, Oriya, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu.
- Online submission of application form: February 8 to March 9 up to 11:50 pm
- Payment of online fee: February 8 to March 10 up to 11:50 pm
- Correction in form can be done between March 12 to 16
- Admit cards will be uploaded on website in the second week of April
- Date of examination: May 6
- Display of OMR sheet will be intimated on website
- Display of answer key will be intimated on website
- Declaration of Result will be on June 5
NEET 2018 registration, step-by-step details
Step 1: Log on to the official website cbseneet.nic.in
Step 2: Under ‘Online services’, click on ‘Apply online’
Step 3: Read instructions carefully
Step 4: Click on ‘Proceed to apply online NEET (UG), 2018’
Keep the following information ready:
— Aadhaar number/ Aadhaar enrollment number
— Registration number issued by CBSE facilitation number
— Passport number/ration card number/bank account number/other valid identity card number
— Date of birth
— Mobile number
— E-mail ID
— Scanned images of the latest photograph (size of 10 Kb to 100 Kb) and signature (size of 3 Kb to 20 Kb) in JPG format
Step 3: Fill in the online application form and note down the registration number
Step 4: Make payment of fee
Step 5: Take a print out of confirmation page(s) of the online application form and proof of fee deposited for future reference along with the copy of proof of fee deposited.
Classification of seats
All India quota seats
State government quota seats
Central institutions/universities/deemed universities
State/management/NRI quota seats in private medical/dental colleges or any private university
Central pool quota seats
Also, as per the official website, there is no cap on the number of attempts. The exam will be conducted in 11 languages — Hindi, English, Urdu, Gujarati, Marathi, Oriya, Bengali, Assamese, Telugu, Tamil and Kannada.
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for admission to undergraduate medical and dental courses will be conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on Sunday, 6th May 2018.
Ahead of the exam, here are some queries you might have regarding the NEET 2018 and their solutions.
Fees submitted but no confirmation page has been generated
If your fee has not been received on NIC portal, a confirmation page will not be generated. If you have paid the fee and confirmation page has not been generated, you will have to take the print out of your confirmation page in next 24 hours as there could be a delay in the updation of fees on the server. If the page is still not generated, pay the fee again. The excess fee paid will be refunded to your account.
What happens in case of double payment of fees?
The fee not updated will be refunded to you by your bank/payment gateway within 7 working days in the same account from where the payment has been made.
What if I cannot pay the fees through net banking?
If you cannot pay the fees through net banking, use other modes like Debit/Credit Card and e –
wallet etc. Your candidature without the fee will not be accepted.
4 What if only mother’s name is mentioned in Aadhaar Card?
Mention your father’s name as “XXXX”, if the father’s name column is blank in the Aadhaar Card.
Can corrections be made if a wrong category is marked while submitting the application form?
The details need to be filled correctly and carefully. Only one opportunity will be given to the candidates to make the correction in their specified data from 12/03/2018 to 16/03/2018. Candidates can make correction only during this period. Neither opportunity will be given to the candidates after this schedule and nor any request on the same will be accepted by the CBSE.